• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I hate the fourth of July. (correction) I don't hate independence day I just hate explosions.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
Explosions and gun shots. Sitting outside smoking a cigarette and being taken back to a time when you heard that shyt and people around you were dying.

The fourth of July is for kiddies and people that never had to fight to survive a real war. Or never saw any combat. (This comment could be construed as I am insulting everyone who likes the Fourth. I woke up a little pissed and I said it the wrong way.)

Let's just say the fourth of July is not a day of the year for me or some folks like me.

I was taking a nap a few minutes ago only to wake up to an explosion. I reached for my weapon but it wasn't laying next to me then I remembered I'm not in a war zone anymore.

Rant over.

Explosions and gun shots. Sitting outside smoking a cigarette and being taken back to a time when you heard that shyt and people around you were dying.

The fourth of July is for kiddies and people that never had to fight to survive a real war. Or never saw any combat.

I was taking a nap a few minutes ago only to wake up to an explosion. I reached for my weapon but it wasn't laying next to me then I remembered I'm not in a war zone anymore.

Rant over.

Sorry you've been through that. I don't mind fireworks personally but I have a new perspective on them since adopting a rescue. Hes under my desk now shivering and shaking because of the noise. So needless to say that now I dont let them off anymore.

<<<Goes berserk

Sorry you've been through that. I don't mind fireworks personally but I have a new perspective on them since adopting a rescue. Hes under my desk now shivering and shaking because of the noise. So needless to say that now I dont let them off anymore.

My hound did the same, Pippa wants to attack the fireworks.

The fourth of July is for kiddies and people that never had to fight to survive a real war. Or never saw any combat.

Rant over.
That has to suck. My sympathies.
I have a cousin the same way, spent time as a POW in Vietnam. Was a chopper pilot, got shot down and taken by VC . When they finally rescued him he was about dead.
He has all kinds of nightmares still.

Are you people insane?
On Independence Day a guy posts he hates the Fourth of July and says it's a holiday for children?

And you think I am being disrespectful???
How about the OP being disrespectful to every single American who is celebrating this holiday in the normal historical way that has always been done
for ten + generations???

Back
Top Bottom