• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I hate the GM engineers that designed this 2012 Yukon Denalli

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
What kind of masochist designed this damn thing? Idiot engineer designed the engine around the oil pressure sensor. Located clear in the back of the engine hidden behind a plastic damn shield you don't need and that cannot easily be removed. It's tucked down and in, but there is a small window for you to gleam it with a flashlight to give you fkn hope! I am 6'2" and still had to place a board over the engine so I could get back in there to reach it after twisting myself into positions that would make a freak show proud. Then there is the interference that had to be removed. Then I had to piece together a ratchet, 1 1/16" socket, two extensions and a 3/8ths wobble just to reach it. After removing the sensor I then had to manufacture a tool to reach down in the hole to fish out the little filter under the sensor. Then I had to put it all back together. Wee what fun!

The only positive thing I can say is thank god I have a little more sense than the average guy and didn't do what one YOUTUBE mechanic did. He removed the Alternator, hoses, wire harness, fuel line, fuel rail and the intake manifold. Did nothing but turn a 1 1/2 hour job into 6 to 8 hours depending on your ability.

I despise new cars!

Some Nissans have the knock sensor mounted underneath the intake manifold. Which is real fun to replace if you happen to have a factory supercharged truck with a baby Eaton sitting on top of it...

You might hate them but mechanics love them. It’s a big racket!
you might think this, but the actually wrench turners hate this too. The longer the job the more they actually have to work the less they actually make. The trick for mechanics is to beat book time, and complicated jobs make that much harder.

you might think this, but the actually wrench turners hate this too. The longer the job the more they actually have to work the less they actually make. The trick for mechanics is to beat book time, and complicated jobs make that much harder.

Amen brother. Auto body techs hate the way cars are engineered to. The repair procedures are complicated and the vehicles are difficult to disassemble/reassemble.

No effort is made to make current vehicles servive friendly. It is all about making them cheaper to manufacture.

If the designers can save two cents per unit during assembly, they will do it, even if it increases cost of maintenance to the buyer, sometimes a vast increase in cost.

Ever heard of the Ford vehicle where the engine must be pulled to change spark plugs?

Back
Top Bottom