• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I hate this city: another reason to avoid marta

Rode Marta last weekend to go see the granddaughter dance at halftime of "The Dream Team" game at Ga. Tech. (The Dream Team game was AWESOME!!!)
Riding Marta was one of the worst feelings I have had in a long time (outdid the flaming car, NOT KIDDING) IKNEW I was going to be wanded at the coliseum,
I was more weapon-less than I have been in a decade or more.
Not even my Swiss Army knife, I felt naked... (lexan brass knuckles and tactical pen was it)
I kept pulling my wife back close to me, keeping our backs to a wall, any wall... head on a swivel just about fell off from swiveling so much... :)
The train itself was not that bad of a feeling, a couple of "mumblers" I could stare down.
But the stations made me ask myself "Why are you putting yourself in this situation?"
What we do for our grand kids... I will sit in traffic (Taylor Swift Concert in town that weekend) 4 hours before I do that again...

One of the big problems I see is that MARTA has become the new homeless shelter. They can scrounge a couple of bucks and hang out on the system all day. Unless they do something illegal the MARTA cops have no 'right' to toss them off, if they even want to bother.

I haven't rode Marta in years, the last time was about 25 years ago. My Wife and I rode the West Bound from the Omni, it was about 12 midnite, We were the only crackers on board, at the West Lake Station, a gang of Thugs got on, screaming, jumping over seats and making threats and demanding money from everyone. Whenever we rode, we stood between cars, standing, with out backs against the wall, they saw two older victims and started in our direction, I gave them a hard stare, pulled my jacket back, put my hand on my 1911, and with a low deep voice, said "Baby, put your fingers in your ears, this 45 is going to make a loud noise when I blow these asswipes away" My wife "Target" put her fingers in her ears, the Thugs stopped, their eyes as big as plates, turned and ran to the other end of the car. The ride to High Tower was very quiet on the car, at the station, they all jumped out and ran.. At the next M&G at Biguns Sept, get Target to tell you the story LOL and yes I would have had we been attacked, Police, no where to be seen..

Back
Top Bottom