• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have $600 to use to get started reloading

I had a Lee loader about 30 years ago that used a few times.

I have read a bunch through the years but feel free to treat me like a nube.

I would like to load rifle and handgun but my primary desire is to start with is .308, 7MM-08 and .45-70.

Cry once... For ease of use and near hassle free use.

Comes with one caliber conversion kit. You will need a decent scales. EDIT $458.95-base price with one caliber conversion kit-most calibers.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/rl-550b_8_1_23594.html

The dies come with a conversion kit. Most are $45.95

upload_2017-1-1_17-9-35.png

How about I just go from this angle.
Things in the set that you're missing and will need, die sets, trickler, media separator, tumbler, calipers.

That's all I've noticed right off....

Most gents that want to make accurate rifle ammo usually use a single stage press or a progressive that can be set up to run in single stage.

Pistol ammunition lends itself well to progressive reloading, there are fewer steps to make good ammo.

I have a Dillon but load a lot of my rifle ammo on a single stage. If you keep your eyes open or post a want to buy ad on here I would bet you can get a good press at a good price. If you are set on a progressive, I would bide my time and find a deal on here as well. Unlike many pieces of equipment you will rarely see a worn out reloading press, they are like farm tractors, very over engineered. Dies also come up from time to time at far less than retail. If you have a solid budget, get the most/best you can for what you intend to spend.

I read that and many more threads here before starting this thread.

I understand the steps in reloading. As it is with most things a wise man never stops learning and learning from the experience of others is great.

I am trying to determine the best and most complete set of equipment I can get within my budget.

I hadn't considered trying to piece it together by buying used items here but that is certainly worthy of consideration.

Back
Top Bottom