• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a gun law question

If it was not forced then I think it's a matter of choice. If you're comfortable with telling him it's in there then tell him and if you're not I don't think you have to respond
Well it was my fathers truck and I didn't know. However I have never been one to buck Police authority. I answer the questions I am ask and I don't give them attitude. I wanted to give and honest answer so therefore I looked. I have found that being polite and submissive to an office will net you a whole lot of leaneancy. I have been pulled with open containers, ran stop signs, caught in my youth with not so legal contraband and cut loose with a warning just for being nice and polite and doing exactly what I am told and nothing more. It's when people get slick and try to give attitude that nets them a negative outcome. That's half the reason certain citizens get shot is because they buck authority and try to be a bad ass with the officer.

This bow up and get a smart mouth with an officer escalates to totally unnecessary conclusions. If people would realize that they are the law and lying and getting tough with them is not a proper way to conduct yourself when confronted with the law. All these police shootings are usually related to some kind of disrespect and straight up no respect for the law. If these kids would take yes sir, no sir response when questioned they would likely find out that usually nothing will come out of it but a slap on the wrist. However there are those bad asses that have prove they are above the law and talk back or put hands of the law that leads to all these non-sense situation. Not all the time but a good bit of it.

When pulled over by the police do what he ask and nothing more and nothing less.That will go a whole lot further than being slick and answering questions with questions or bad mouthing the man. A total lack of respect for the law of land is what's got this country in the quagmire it's in now. That and people just not willing to right thing and telling the officer what they know and aid in trying to catch an offender. There is no such thing as ratting someone out. It could be that guy you protected by keeping your mouth shut that will probably get you shot by the same A hole down the road. Just saying!

Well it was my fathers truck and I didn't know. However I have never been one to buck Police authority. I answer the questions I am ask and I don't give them attitude. I wanted to give and honest answer so therefore I looked. I have found that being polite and submissive to an office will net you a whole lot of leaneancy. I have been pulled with open containers, ran stop signs, caught in my youth with not so legal contraband and cut loose with a warning just for being nice and polite and doing exactly what I am told and nothing more. It's when people get slick and try to give attitude that nets them a negative outcome. That's half the reason certain citizens get shot is because they buck authority and try to be a bad ass with the officer.

This bow up and get a smart mouth with an officer escalates to totally unnecessary conclusions. If people would realize that they are the law and lying and getting tough with them is not a proper way to conduct yourself when confronted with the law. All these police shootings are usually related to some kind of disrespect and straight up no respect for the law. If these kids would take yes sir, no sir response when questioned they would likely find out that usually nothing will come out of it but a slap on the wrist. However there are those bad asses that have prove they are above the law and talk back or put hands of the law that leads to all these non-sense situation. Not all the time but a good bit of it.

When pulled over by the police do what he ask and nothing more and nothing less.That will go a whole lot further than being slick and answering questions with questions or bad mouthing the man. A total lack of respect for the law of land is what's got this country in the quagmire it's in now. That and people just not willing to right thing and telling the officer what they know and aid in trying to catch an offender. There is no such thing as ratting someone out. It could be that guy you protected by keeping your mouth shut that will probably get you shot by the same A hole down the road. Just saying!
It's absolutely fine to treat them with respect. However personally I have found the police are not always there for my best interest. I can be respectful without being submissive

Jesus Christ. This myth is worse than herpes the way that it keeps popping up.

You vehicle is not "an extension of your home." Never has been. That phrase (or any similar phrase) is totally absent from statutes or cases. in fact, your vehicle is so much NOT AN EXTENSION OF YOUR HOME that there is an entirely different set of laws regarding search and seizure of you home, or your automobile.

This "fact" is right up there with the "choking Doberman" in absolutely true internet tales.

For the record, although it seems impossible to chip away at a good internet meme, the ONE AND ONLY reason you can carry a firearm in you vehicle without a GWL is because there is an act of the legislature that SPECIFICALLY allow you to do that, as well as carry at in your home and at your place of business.

In other words you can carry in your vehicle without a GWL because the legislature says you can, not because your vehicle is an extension of anything.

As far as answering the question from cops, in Georgia you care not required to. If follow don't ask, don't tell - in other words I don't volunteer any information, but if asked I try to answer all questions truthfully. It seems to make life so much smoother in the long run.

Well other than going over the speed limit every now and then I have absolutely nothing to hide nor not answer a question for and yes there are those officers that think they are the lord and pass judgment right then. When that happens I get just a little nicer.

Well other than going over the speed limit every now and then I have absolutely nothing to hide nor not answer a question for and yes there are those officers that think they are the lord and pass judgment right then. When that happens I get just a little nicer.
Well you asked a legal question and then turn it into a personal statement. So I'm not sure what you were ever asking

You vehicle is not "an extension of your home." Never has been. That phrase (or any similar phrase) is totally absent from statutes or cases. in fact, your vehicle is so much NOT AN EXTENSION OF YOUR HOME that there is an entirely different set of laws regarding search and seizure of you home, or your automobile.

This "fact" is right up there with the "choking Doberman" in absolutely true internet tales.

For the record, although it seems impossible to chip away at a good internet meme, the ONE AND ONLY reason you can carry a firearm in you vehicle without a GWL is because there is an act of the legislature that SPECIFICALLY allow you to do that, as well as carry at in your home and at your place of business.

In other words you can carry in your vehicle without a GWL because the legislature says you can, not because your vehicle is an extension of anything.

As far as answering the question from cops, in Georgia you care not required to. If follow don't ask, don't tell - in other words I don't volunteer any information, but if asked I try to answer all questions truthfully. It seems to make life so much smoother in the long run.

Well I live in my car so it is a extension of my home.

The point being if you have nothing to hide go ahead and let them search?

You can preach what you want to about it not being an extension of your home but if an officer charges you with anything it is up to the judge to decide and we all know where that usually goes. So it's always best to just be honest.

Back
Top Bottom