• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a gun law question

I have stated this on more than one occasion, no scrutiny just once was asked why I answered that way and my response was politely "because it has nothing to do with why I was stopped". Crossed the centerline briefly in Lawrencevile, of course she asked if I knew why I was being stopped prior to asking to which I replied no. Warning. I was polite and courtious.

I also had a pistol under a jacket on the passenger seat, just left Bullseye. Setting yourself up to be at the whim of a stranger is not a good strategy. Following the law is even better!

A properly trained office will take a closer look inside you vehicle, do an criminal history check on you and all this will prolong your stop. Do what works for, B/C you got a lazy office last time does not mean that will be the case the next time. You did not do anything wrong. I have just found being honest and direct has always worked out for me.

Could have looked all day and it would not matter, my job as a civilian (as I see it) is to be polite and professional, I expect the same and it would not have mattered in this case.
I know allot about properly trained officers starting the before POST existed in my state.
While I plan on not getting tickets (hopefully) none of what you suggested would have changed the outcome. Too old and law abiding to care what some traffic officer does or thinks. BTDT. But I get your point I think. Stay safe.

Back
Top Bottom