• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a problem. I have a deer with a broken leg in my back yard.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
Poor little deers leg is just flopping around while it is trying to walk on it. I really haven't got it in me to kill a innocent animal anymore but I feel this poor thing needs to be put down. What are the legalities when it comes to dispatching injured wildlife? Should I call the game wardens and let them know what is going on or should I just put the animal down the next time I see it?

I probably should have killed it last night when I saw it but somehow I hoped it might survive with three legs and maybe the pain it is in would go away and it might live a semi functional life since I over feed my deer to say the least. I find it highly doubtful now and I hate to see an animal suffer.

What should I do here?

Poor little deers leg is just flopping around while it is trying to walk on it. I really haven't got it in me to kill a innocent animal anymore but I feel this poor thing needs to be put down. What are the legalities when it comes to dispatching injured wildlife? Should I call the game wardens and let them know what is going on or should I just put the animal down the next time I see it?

I probably should have killed it last night when I saw it but somehow I hoped it might survive with three legs and maybe the pain it is in would go away and it might live a semi functional life since I over feed my deer to say the least. I find it highly doubtful now and I hate to see an animal suffer.

What should I do here?
Call the DNR Report it, they will probably suggest putting it down.

If it's still in your yard from last night my guess is it's too badly injured to survive on its own

I like the advice to call DNR
Nah it was only around long enough to eat ALL of the corn out of the deer trough last night. Which is fine I am happy to see it eating.

Back
Top Bottom