• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a problem. I have a deer with a broken leg in my back yard.

I almost agree with everyone saying put it down. One of the ones I shot this past season had at one point broke it's leg, when it ran up it was running alot slower and awkwardly than the others. When I retrieved it is noticed the spot where it had been broken, right at the joint and big enough she couldn't bend her leg except at the shoulder. So they can survive and still grow but it almost seems to be more humane to put her down.

I wouldn't have thought twice. Put the creature out of its misery rather than a slow drawn out death
Violating the law is not something I will do willingly. Why I posted on here to see if anyone else has dealt with the same thing. I could put a 30 calber hole in the deers head and drop it like a box of rocks but then there is what if my neighbors see me do it and call LE then I'm up **** creek and they could easily say I broke the deers leg after the fact. See where I am coming from.

Guys talk a big game on here but when it comes to their own well being and freedom then the shoe is no longer on the other foot.

Violating the law is not something I will do willingly. Why I posted on here to see if anyone else has dealt with the same thing. I could put a 30 calber hole in the deers head and drop it like a box of rocks but then there is what if my neighbors see me do it and call LE then I'm up **** creek and they could easily say I broke the deers leg after the fact. See where I am coming from.

Guys talk a big game on here but when it comes to their own well being and freedom then the shoe is no longer on the other foot.
Well don't go out in your back yard with the rifle, use one of those suppressors and just slide the end of the barrel out the window. Do it right at dusk so nobody see's anything! :becky:

Back
Top Bottom