• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a question about trespassing

Not sure, but if I came across that while driving down a road, I doubt I would have paid it any attention if I wasn't planning on parking in front of it. Until just now, I didn't know there were "handicap only" accessible roads. Sorry Op, thanks for sharing with us other ignorant folk.

IMG_20171218_183020.jpg

Not sure, but if I came across that while driving down a road, I doubt I would have paid it any attention if I wasn't planning on parking in front of it. Until just now, I didn't know there were "handicap only" accessible roads. Sorry Op, thanks for sharing with us other ignorant folk.

Ditto. Sure you can read the sign, but at a quick glance, it looks like a typical handicap parking sign. I would probably have went right past it also.

Thanks for taking one for the team and edumacating us.

On the note of handicap spots. I too am ticked off at the lazy folks that park there, many of who actually have permits, but clearly do not need them. Even some that have the permit for a spouse and they use it when by themselves. Leave it for those that legitimately need it.

Had a over zealous fellow give me a hard time once. I ride a motorcycle and would park in the cross hatched area next to a handicapped spot leaving plenty of room for the handicapped. Basically in the area where there isn't enough room for a car. Been parking in the same spot for years at Kroger. Moron is sitting there in truck and yells at me I can't park there cause it is handicap and will call the police if I don't move. In lieu of arguing, I just move. Come to find out, his mother is handicap and is in the store shopping. Why is this lazy bum sitting in the truck while his handicapped mom is in the store shopping? Give off your lazy butt and help her. Furthermore, he could have dropped her off and picked her up at the door and left the spot for other handicapped folks. I have done that many times for my mother-in-law. I would drive when we went together, drop her off at door and park in regular spot. The guy was grossly over weight by the way.

Rosewood

On the note of handicap spots. I too am ticked off at the lazy folks that park there, many of who actually have permits, but clearly do not need them. Even some that have the permit for a spouse and they use it when by themselves. Leave it for those that legitimately need it.

Had a over zealous fellow give me a hard time once. I ride a motorcycle and would park in the cross hatched area next to a handicapped spot leaving plenty of room for the handicapped. Basically in the area where there isn't enough room for a car. Been parking in the same spot for years at Kroger. Moron is sitting there in truck and yells at me I can't park there cause it is handicap and will call the police if I don't move. In lieu of arguing, I just move. Come to find out, his mother is handicap and is in the store shopping. Why is this lazy bum sitting in the truck while his handicapped mom is in the store shopping? Give off your lazy butt and help her. Furthermore, he could have dropped her off and picked her up at the door and left the spot for other handicapped folks. I have done that many times for my mother-in-law. I would drive when we went together, drop her off at door and park in regular spot. The guy was grossly over weight by the way.

Rosewood

Where you are parking, the cross hatched space is handicapped parking. It is part of the adjoining parking space that allows handicap accessible vans to use the space to load and unload wheelchairs from the side. When you park there, you are not "leaving plenty of room for the handicapped." Only a few of the HCP spots are van accessible.

Having helped my parents transport a wheelchair bound brother for many years, I am another "over zealous fellow" with whom things would not have gone well if you were parking in what is usually the only van accessible space in the lot.

It is a little precious that someone riding a motorcycle parks in a handicap spot, and then complains about the handicap card holders "who clearly do not need them."

Rosewood
I see bikes parked in those spots all the time. Kinda makes me want to go kick them over.

Back
Top Bottom