• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a question for the car gurus here about starting an old Explorer.

When I worked at the junk yard we knew transmission shop guys. These same guys would have their shop in Macon for a while and then close and move to Warner Robins. Then they would close again and move somewhere else in Warner Robins and then back to Macon. Oh and every time the name would change. They were basically running from pissed off customers and lawsuits.
Oh and there's a transmission shop here in Perry right next to Perry Pawn. The parking lot is full of cars and trucks that have been there for YEARS.
The old man passed. Chapmans had been in the same place for decades.

If you done fine without it for 20 months it would be easier at least to me to be able to just tell buyers this is what I know and I knows no mo :)
Yeah, I agree. I have enough "projects" around here anyway and I'm on a purge binge. I want to get back to being able to move everything material I own in one 26' truck.

I'd add some Marvel Mystery Oil to the crankcase and let it idle for a few minutes to warm up then let it sit over night before an oil change to break up any sludge or deposits. Add a bottle of Prolong to the trans fluid and see if that helps
don't want to break up slug it will stop up oil pump screen don't waste money on trans additives people need to quit giving advice on things they know nothing about retired mechanic of 46 years sell as is

Back
Top Bottom