• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have a suggestion for a "sticky" for the "Ammunition for Sale" forum.

gh1950

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
105   0
Reaction score
A generic thread where we can post actual prices for ammunition. Would have to post where, price and particulars about ammo (exact brand and type, weight). I can find any specialty round I want (sub sonic, .22 shorts, target)

I mean, really, seriously, I'm sorry the .22 hoarders spent their retirement money raiding the local Wal-Mart, but there's lots of .22 around now, and IT'S ALL less than 10 cents a round

Same with .40 S&W. I'm all sorry that it's "out of fashion" now, but it's going to be around a long time. I can get quality target ammo from Sportsmens Guide for $14 a box of 50, and if I wait long enough, free shipping. So that's $14, set on my front stoop by the man in brown. Not $20 a box for something I have to drive half way across the state. My LGS has similar priced ammo.

I'm sure the other calibers are the same, I just don't track the prices.

Just saying. We can't make comments on individual ads, but maybe the flippers will begin to get the memo if we can have like a daily "market report" on ammo prices.

A generic thread where we can post actual prices for ammunition. Would have to post where, price and particulars about ammo (exact brand and type, weight). I can find any specialty round I want (sub sonic, .22 shorts, target)

I mean, really, seriously, I'm sorry the .22 hoarders spent their retirement money raiding the local Wal-Mart, but there's lots of .22 around now, and IT'S ALL less than 10 cents a round

Same with .40 S&W. I'm all sorry that it's "out of fashion" now, but it's going to be around a long time. I can get quality target ammo from Sportsmens Guide for $14 a box of 50, and if I wait long enough, free shipping. So that's $14, set on my front stoop by the man in brown. Not $20 a box for something I have to drive half way across the state. My LGS has similar priced ammo.

I'm sure the other calibers are the same, I just don't track the prices.

Just saying. We can't make comments on individual ads, but maybe the flippers will begin to get the memo if we can have like a daily "market report" on ammo prices.

You should do the same with firearms.
I've seen a lot of used firearms with price tags that are more than I can take a 15 minute drive and buy BNIB.

3 years ago I had some firearms stolen. My wife wanted a replacement CCW. The best price I could find used was over 100 miles away.
I bought one identical, except BNIB for less $$, and only 15 minutes away.

Just because you paid too much, doesn't mean it's worth it.

Caveat Emptor.

The last think we need on here is a bunch of blue helmeted U.N. types policing everyone's pricing in a sticky pasture thread. The feed would be choked with comments.

Yeah, because that would never happen to a thread, in say, The Pasture.

Besides, I look good in blue, and my GF thinks uniforms make me look hot.

You should do the same with firearms.
I've seen a lot of used firearms with price tags that are more than I can take a 15 minute drive and buy BNIB.

3 years ago I had some firearms stolen. My wife wanted a replacement CCW. The best price I could find used was over 100 miles away.
I bought one identical, except BNIB for less $$, and only 15 minutes away.

Just because you paid too much, doesn't mean it's worth it.

Watch the prices of Ruger 10/22. I mean if there's one gun in America that you can check the price on, that's it.

Watch the prices of Ruger 10/22. I mean if there's one gun in America that you can check the price on, that's it.
But we have to be careful and not compare apples to oranges.
Some firearms that are no longer in production, or that have been "improved/modified" by the manufacturer, i.e.; cross bolt safeties, plastic trigger guards, will affect the value.
Supply and demand also have an affect on value.

Back
Top Bottom