• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have failed at being a parront.

That's funny as hell! Most people don't realize how many different things the bigger birds will eat. On a similar note I was at the Brunswick Walmart last week and saw almost as many Seagulls and parking lot birds as you would see at the beach. All I had in the car was a Ziploc bag with some Ole Roy dog food. So I threw a few handfuls and they swooped down on it. But then they all looked confused about what they were supposed to do with it. When I feed the birds on Jekyll or St Simons ( it kinda pisses off other folks around me) the Seagulls and whatever other birds take the bread/crackers out into the water. Maybe I need to bring a more moist bird food.
When the gulls are flying, you can toss small chunks of bread and they will catch them in the air. For additional fun, pour a bit of liquor on each chunk. With every catch flight becomes more erratic, eventually they will start crashing into each other and the ground as they dive for morsels.

When the gulls are flying, you can toss small chunks of bread and they will catch them in the air. For additional fun, pour a bit of liquor on each chunk. With every catch flight becomes more erratic, eventually they will start crashing into each other and the ground as they dive for morsels.
There just has to be a charge on the books for doing that. It would be funny though. I throw pieces to them in mid air all the time. Once I threw some bread over to where my daughter was digging in the sand and they swarmed here. She got me back by sneaking a piece on to my shoulder.

I wasn't going to point that out....if they won't work one way, they'll still work another.

Parrots are smart.
So, buy a .410 revolver. Show "the Judge" to the bird.
Build a little wooden coffin about the size of a loaf of bread, and show that to the bird.
Remind the bird that you have .40 acres and a shovel.

Show the bird your browser history where you did a search for "parrot replacement" and "what should be my next pet after my parrot dies."

That bird will get the point.

(Of course the little smart-ash may start calling you "Godfather" or whistling the theme music for "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" whenever it sees you.)

Back
Top Bottom