• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I haven't wanted a motorcycle for a few years. But this...

I've road Honda groms to zx14r's on the street none of them really scared me to much. My husqvarna 501s was pretty easy to ride around on the trails and on the street. My yz250 topped all of them in the adrenaline department. You dont jump a drag bike(on purpose anyways), the ruts will toss you, and roots and rocks seem to pop up everywhere when you ride offroad.

I started riding bikes on the street, then got into dirtbikes. That could be why I feel that way about riding, but the offroad bikes take so much more work for me to ride well.

Agreed. I started on dirt bikes in the early 80's, took a break and then picked up streetbikes in 1996. Since then I have had 22 of them, 21 of them being sportbikes... everything from 600's to literbikes to an 1198, now I am on a Panigale... 200k+ street miles, a little drag racing many years ago for fun, and about 14 track days in the past 10 years.

I get way more hurt in the woods though. Had a 250 dirt bike and it was plenty for the woods. Got tired of crashing so I got a Sportsman 850SP with power steering, 4x4, etc... Weighs 725lbs but has 80hp and it a beast and a lot of fun...

I can't imagine riding a 160hp dirt bike. Street bike, sure, bring it... but trying to go fast on trails, a bike like that is gonna be a handful and far more of a liability... You will probably end up being faster on a 250 or 350 making a third of the power...

Might be able to get 499hp but the motor would probably grenade. Probably turned down the boost for actual riding.
Just did some research, they are 200hp stock but guys are pushing 700-1000 with forged internals and turbo/superchargers.

Didn't realize you could increase it that much.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom