• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I just joined a cult

I would skip the plate setter and look into the ceramic grill store. They'll ship what you need right to your door. You'll get way more out of your egg this way.

There is a big green egg store at highway 5 and east Cherokee. Lots of goodies.

My wife got it at a store in Roswell. It came with a %15 off coupon on the next purchase there. Haven't gone out to see what all off the extract are our what l might need

What's a plate setter?
Here are a couple of DIY alternatives to the BGE Platesetter:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/124138/diy-placesetter-mod-for-the-big-green-egg

With the following one, there's room to place your drip pan on the main grill, serving to shield your meat from direct heat.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/winnip...de-raised-grid-for-a-large-big-green-egg/amp/

Your other alternative is to set your pork shoulders on top of some type of raised rack, which then sits inside a drip pan.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

I've had my egg for about 2 months now. It's addicting I've already cooked smoked chili, ribs (2x), Boston butt, hamburgers, chicken breast, porkchops, pizzas(2x), and turkeys 2x). The more you cook the easier it gets and the better you understand how to set everything up. Enjoy.

Do your research on tools and accessories. Some are worth it and some are easy DIY's.

3lbs thawed turkey breast
Poultry rub
Apple wood
Drip pan with chicken broth and onion
350 indirect until it hits 165 around 1.75 to 2 hours.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.9 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 16
IMG_20170205_071409.jpg
IMG_20170205_181050.jpg
IMG_20170205_181106.jpg

This was my first cook. It was deffinatly a learning curve to it. It also didn't help that the wind was kicking that day. I learned a lot. Since then I've cooked some burgers. I must say some of the best juiciest burgers I've ever made.

Back
Top Bottom