• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I just joined a cult

I got mine on Jan 6 of this year and I'm absolutely loving it. It was the best investment that I made for the backyard. I have done chickens, brisket, steaks, and today I finished my first turkey. I know I'm just a rookie myself but I will say that going over a 300 cook temp dries the meat out. It's just a damn shame that the turkey I did was for a family gathering tomorrow so that we can make finger sandwiches. I would have to say that it is the best turkey I have ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The basics...
Platesetter (or equivelant)
Lump charcoal (BGE and Royal Oak are my faves)
Hot wire starter
Chunk AND chip smoking wood

I have found that the BGE cooks a little faster than other type smokers so until you get a feel for it, a meat thermometer will be of help. I like to wrap the exposed thermo wire in foil to keep from damaging it.

Enjoy!

I got mine on Jan 6 of this year and I'm absolutely loving it. It was the best investment that I made for the backyard. I have done chickens, brisket, steaks, and today I finished my first turkey. I know I'm just a rookie myself but I will say that going over a 300 cook temp dries the meat out. It's just a damn shame that the turkey I did was for a family gathering tomorrow so that we can make finger sandwiches. I would have to say that it is the best turkey I have ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good friend of mine has one. When l told him the first thing l was doing was for a group of people he told me his horor story. He said they ended up ordering pizza for everybody.

Back
Top Bottom