• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I just ordered an upgrade to my internet from 1 gig to 5 gig fiber..............

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
Can't wait to get it installed.

1652089114360.png

We just got fiber optic here. Big difference in our old AT&T cellular internet (hit and miss) and our new 2G fiber.
Yup started having issues with my network dropping in the last month or so (tonight has been the worst) so I decided to run a systems check on atts website and saw an upgrade was available. I'm pretty stoked about it. ;)

Yup started having issues with my network dropping in the last month or so (tonight has been the worst) so I decided to run a systems check on atts website and saw an upgrade was available. I'm pretty stoked about it. ;)
So now it'll drop even faster ?

180 bucks a month though so I'm gonna have to verify that the modem does hand jobs while I browse the internet. LOL, Just kidding ;) But seriously.............

Did you price out router/modem/Wi-Fi devices that are capable of 5Gbs? Most only do 1Gbs, maybe 2.5Gbs right now.

Did you price out router/modem/Wi-Fi devices that are capable of 5Gbs? Most only do 1Gbs, maybe 2.5Gbs right now.
The thing about wifi is it is 1 or 5 gig at the modem but once it travels the airwaves it'll drop from 1gig to 400 MBs at a computer. The only true way is to hook directly to the modem but I have 10+ devices in my house. So I'm hoping it will be 5 gig down to 1.5 gig throughout the house. We shall see though. The installer will be here the 12th.

Back
Top Bottom