• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I just received this from the office of Doug Collins

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
I would love to see this pass but, I don't think it will! Your opinion?
CollinsUpdatedLetterheadC.png

As northeast Georgia’s representative in the House of Representatives, I have worked diligently to support and further Georgia’s conservative values in Congress. During the 116th Congress, I have worked with President Donald Trump to safeguard religious liberty, stop Democrat-led gun control measures, and bolster our country’s military.

I believe the Second Amendment grants every law-abiding citizen the right to defend themselves and their families through possession of firearms. Unfortunately, law-abiding citizens are increasingly forced to jump through bureaucratic hoops to exercise their constitutional right to carry. That is why I am a proud cosponsor of H.R. 155, the Hearing Protection Act, which will ease the bureaucratic restrictions on the purchase of silencers.

Despite not firing bullets, silencers are currently categorized as firearms under the National Firearms Act of 1934. Because of this classification, purchasing a silencer requires sending an application to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF), including fingerprints, completing an arduous background check, and paying a $200 tax. This approval process can take as long as 10 months. H.R. 155 would place silencers under the same regulations as long guns, which do not require an application or tax.

As the son of a Georgia State Trooper, I was taught to respect guns and the freedoms granted to us by the Constitution, and I continue to instill that lesson in my children. I feel an obligation to ensure that future generations can enjoy the liberties protected by the Bill of Rights – including the right to keep and bear arms.

Protecting the Second Amendment will always be a priority for me, and I promise to continue fighting to safeguard our right to keep and bear arms across the country. To stay up date on what’s happening in Washington and across Northeast Georgia, please consider subscribing to my weekly e-newsletter by visiting https://dougcollins.house.gov/newsletter-subscribe. To unsubscribe, click here.

I'll keep hoping and supporting the effort but think I have a better chance of spotting bigfoot f'ing a unicorn in my backyard. Gov doesn't give power or a revenue stream back once it has it.
I would say in for pictures but that would just sound creepy.
Not a chance in hell, dudes just pandering to the base. We'll be lucky to hang on to what we have without a fight. There is no way we get an expansion on gun right (or any other kind) in todays environment.

That being said, I don't want to be a debbie downer. I'll fervently support the effort as if it has a chance. I'm just not expecting the result is all. We have to be careful not to write these efforts off as impossible. Fight for every inch as if the result we want is inevitable because we are in the right.

Back
Top Bottom