• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I just watched a Facebook ad....

Gingerbeard Man

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Fornicate around and findeth out.
445   1
Reaction score
List 3 different times....

Found a crazy good deal for get this.....a 1993 Ford Aerostar. Only 100k miles and one owner.
I contacted the seller and said "Afternoon....I'd like to come out and check out your van. Give me a call or message me back a good time to do so."
Seller responds with "I'm out of town until late Saturday." to which I say "even better, I've got cash set aside so just call me when you're back and I'll make it out your way."

This was Monday.....I checked the ad yesterday and he had it marked Sold. Asked him how he sold it when he was out of town and was told he got back early. Ok, fair enough but how about a little courtesy in letting me know...

That's not the best part...

Seller 1 on Monday: $2,300 in Williamston, SC

Seller 2 on Thursday: $3,000 in Belton, SC

Seller 3 on Thursday: $3,800 in Anderson, SC

Ah, the good ol' flipper 🐬
splat-2.gif

My guess is I'll keep watching this until it's priced so high that someone will be stuck with it until they lose their ass.

I've seen the same ads now sit, even here on ODT, for so long because people are burnt out on accepting that they are being gouged.

Anyways, I reached out through messenger and let them both know that their info is being passed on to their local tax commissioner for title jumping because I felt like being a petty asshole.

So you hate capitalism ?

Or you just a butthurt busybody ?
You want the truth or just a filler answer?

I'm a little pissed that no one has the courtesy to call or make good on what they say....

I'm passing my aggression onto these two retards, who literally have it listed before the vehicle hits their driveway.

I've already owned up to being a petty asshole in my post. But don't worry, it's few and far between. I'm 100% ok with capitalism unless I've been slighted.

Pretty rare to have someone be this honest, huh?

As an edit: Butthurt Busybody......I think that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me 🤣

List 3 different times....

Found a crazy good deal for get this.....a 1993 Ford Aerostar. Only 100k miles and one owner.
I contacted the seller and said "Afternoon....I'd like to come out and check out your van. Give me a call or message me back a good time to do so."
Seller responds with "I'm out of town until late Saturday." to which I say "even better, I've got cash set aside so just call me when you're back and I'll make it out your way."

This was Monday.....I checked the ad yesterday and he had it marked Sold. Asked him how he sold it when he was out of town and was told he got back early. Ok, fair enough but how about a little courtesy in letting me know...

That's not the best part...

Seller 1 on Monday: $2,300 in Williamston, SC

Seller 2 on Thursday: $3,000 in Belton, SC

Seller 3 on Thursday: $3,800 in Anderson, SC

Ah, the good ol' flipper 🐬
View attachment 4236137

My guess is I'll keep watching this until it's priced so high that someone will be stuck with it until they lose their ass.

I've seen the same ads now sit, even here on ODT, for so long because people are burnt out on accepting that they are being gouged.

Anyways, I reached out through messenger and let them both know that their info is being passed on to their local tax commissioner for title jumping because I felt like being a petty asshole.
That GIF.....LMAO

Honestly it was more than likely not even a real ad. I see a lot of vehicles for sale for killer prices and then with a little research I find the exact same ad in 5 different cities and 3 different states. It’s usually just a way to steal your email address or phone number to spam you to death

Common courtesy :confused: Many don't go out of their way to be courteous .

I have a couple of friends that are brothers and they drive trucks. Said when they quit a job they never give any notice. They go in and quit and make arrangements for their last paycheck. When I said it was customary to give a 2 week notice to an employer. They said.....does the employer give you a 2 week notice before they fire you ? Completely changed my viewpoint on common courtesy.

Back
Top Bottom