• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I know a guy

https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/pensacola-man-convicted-unlawfully-selling-unregistered-machineguns

Well there's 5 examples. One of which was for possessing ONE part that couldn't even be made into a machine gun.

I have to go to lunch now, but if you need some more let me know.
The common thread in those cases? The defendant was selling the parts, probably to ATF agents which means they were already being investigated for something else, and we've already established that DIAS are conversion parts. And one of those cases is from the late 80's.
The 80% lower ruling is cloudy but I can see how the ATF could make a case for 'easily converted' due to the fake 3rd hole.

Enjoy your lunch.

full auto squirt.jpg
:)
NO disrespect intended towards law enforcement!

I am not one to just say I was in the space shuttle today and shot lasers at asteroids. I will share an experience I had with some members to get their take. Was it real. I could not tell you for sure as I don't know that much about them. If it was fake somebody went to a lot of trouble to forge a pamphlet and mill parts to make a few extra bucks.

How much over market value did you have to give for it?
I really don't know. Like I said earlier I didn't even get the guys name. I was getting ready to leave right when I got curious to see what all the fuss was about and went and took a quick look. I like my hobby so I took off as soon as I saw what was going on. Besides some of the guys were drinking and I was just really uncomfortable in that atmosphere. That's how people get killed. I left before it got belligerent and dangerous.

I really don't know. Like I said earlier I didn't even get the guys name. I was getting ready to leave right when I got curious to see what all the fuss was about and went and took a quick look. I like my hobby so I took off as soon as I saw what was going on. Besides some of the guys were drinking and I was just really uncomfortable in that atmosphere. That's how people get killed. I left before it got belligerent and dangerous.

Alcohol and potentially automatic weapons, there wasn't a chimp there... so... What could have gone wrong??? :)

If you think about it you probably walk past a gang member every day and it's a high probability he has a full auto AK47 within his gang. So it's not out of spectrum of possible. With the drug cartel working out west without impunity I would think a black market gun finds it way into the hands of a gun enthusiast.

Back
Top Bottom