• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I know another post about the ATF brace rule. Please watch the video from GOA.

That would be my thread and the title was about (some) people trying to take advantage of folks by dumping braces to people who hadn't caught up with the news.

I know, caveat emptor and all that, but it seemed like pretty scammy behavior. No apologies on the title at all.

I've ready said this once, I'll expand on it this time. I expect better information out of these guys. They have picked and chosen and blatantly LIED about what the ruling says in order to scare people. It's a fear tactic.

Right off the rip, 120s day to have your stamp is NOT WHAT IT SAYS! To be in compliance, all you have to do is apply. Just apply, not be approved, just apply.

A form 1 does not now nor in the past 10 years I've need filing them take 6 to 12 months. Never has. Paper form 1s took 70 ish days, E-forms average 5 weeks.

The FBI/ATF is not going to arbitrarily deny your application because of your background. If you can own a firearm, as long as it's not prohibited in your state, you can own a NFA item. If you aren't sure, you can have the FBI run your background to see.

If you get denied for what ever reason, you still have several options to stay legal.

Pictures.....for the love of all things holy, pictures have never been required on a form 1.

If you think this mess pertains to you...call an attorney. They get paid to understand **** like this without speculation or conjecture.

There was a good FuddBusters video on YT about the whole '88 day' scam, as well ass the 922(r) issue.

I'm not a huge fan of this guy, for a real firearms lawyer he finds himself way too funny in most of his videos.

But for once he played it straight and simply talked about the law, and why neither the 922r or the '88 days' was the real problem here.

Pretty disappointed in Military Arms Channel for the fear mongering they engaged with surrounding this subject.
Thought they would be above it.

I like MAC. Its definitely entertaining. But he does that a lot on his channel. This isn’t new for him.

And to be fair, he's not a lawyer and was going off what the lawyer(s) in question were telling him.

I just heard the owner of SB Tactical repeat the 922(r) claim in The Reload podcast last night, even though the ATF has already said that it's not an issue, although that may simply be time-delay.

Anyway, I do agree with the Fudd Busters guy that going off into the weeds on the 88 days or 922(r) stuff is pretty pointless, and we need to focus on the main issues with the new rule.

At what point and what hill are you going to die on??? Being a legal and lawful gun owner in this country has become infuriating!!! Make me a felon with the stroke of a pen, punishable by 10 years in prison and a 250k fine??!!!!! Yet these mother****ers get a 5k bond and are right back at it?!!!!

When will enough be enough??!!!!!!

Complying out of fear. At this rate the kids will be living the world some of you oldheads grew up fearing because "registering your guns will keep you out've jail". Coming to a state near you ladies. "You bois like MEXICO!?" Sunday Funday amirite. Also Feb1st. It's coming.

Attachments

• 8536.jpeg
    8536.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 21
At what point and what hill are you going to die on??? Being a legal and lawful gun owner in this country has become infuriating!!! Make me a felon with the stroke of a pen, punishable by 10 years in prison and a 250k fine??!!!!! Yet these mother****ers get a 5k bond and are right back at it?!!!!

When will enough be enough??!!!!!!
This country has its priorities so screwed up, it’s unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom