• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I know another post about the ATF brace rule. Please watch the video from GOA.

Not defending the rule. Just got some clarification of it. Good god, man. Try to get some non paranoid braincells working.
Phone a friend Bear. Have a good night. Over this nonsense conversation. Anyone that read your initial response regarding you're dissemination of info from your ATF "buddy" can see your stance, and THATS okay...but to sit here and try to convince others it's okay with those statements i quoted you on? That's just fraudulent.

Phone a friend Bear. Have a good night. Over this nonsense conversation. Anyone that read your initial response regarding you're dissemination of info from your ATF "buddy" can see your stance, and THATS okay...but to sit here and try to convince others it's okay with those statements i quoted you on? That's just fraudulent.
You can't even tell the difference between a buddy and a client. He's my client. I've met him all of two times and you have morphed into my "buddy" to fit your narrative and that's a flat out lie. I hate a ****ing liar.

You can't even tell the difference between a buddy and a client. He's my client. I've met him all of two times and you have morphed into my "buddy" to fit your narrative and that's a flat out lie. I hate a ****ing liar.
I stand corrected on the client/buddy. You did say client. You also said a mouthful after that. 🤙. Not here to crucify you or judge. Will challenge someone that tries to convince others to negotiate our rights or to tell others "it's okay they mean no harm".

Sort of hard to not be paranoid given the government's track record......
I get that, but that makes it even more important to try and discern when there is, and is not, real reason for concern. They simply are not going to take legal action against 44 million people because of a poorly written rule that already has questionable legal standing.

The focus is on the wrong thing. Everyone is so worried about being trapped into non compliance and being turned into a felon that they have completely missed the part about this being a backdoor registration of these weapons. Which is true and should go against the grain of anyone that is a real 2A activist and not just some blowhard keyboard commando on the internet.

Found out that I have a client that is an ATF Special Agent on the enforcement side. I asked him a few questions this evening.

1. The time frame is not to approval. It's to submitting the form, so not an issue.
2. He said it was perfectly okay to go ahead and put a normal stock on it before taking the pics.
3. He wasn't completely sure about the engraving, but said the serial number might be enough to distinguish the weapon.
4. There is no "Got ya!" and everyone just needs to calm the **** down. (My words)
5. Because this is a new classification and everyone knows it's a pain in the ass, (apparently many agents do not agree with it) we are getting free stamps without having any waiting period.

Other than the fact the weapon will be registered, there is no problem with this.

1) That's consistent with what the document says. You just have to start the process 120 days after it goes live to fall under their enforcement 'discretion'.
2) I guess, if you take the fact that they are already calling these SBRs, but that seems to be a stretch. Since pics are optional I just wouldn't send them at all if going for the free version.
3) The rule says that the existing manufacturers markings are OK for the free form. The $200 form still needs engraving.
4) The whole thing is a 'got ya', but that's a different matter than the 88-day nonsense or the 922(r) concerns.
5) There's still a waiting period. The forms still have to be processed, and if there are a lot of them that could take years.

"88 day rule is a got ya." - ATF buddy

Please watch the Fudd Busters video. The '88 day rule' is almost pure fear mongering. The odds of it applying to anyone whose ever passed a background check are miniscule and easily corrected.

basically said 922r doesn't matter anymore if you form 1 it right? that is good info! I have put off building an AK sbr for years because of 922r. looking for a cheaper arsenal pistol now.

That was the gist, although there was an exception for pistols w/ braces that were built from parts kits if I remember.

That would be my thread and the title was about (some) people trying to take advantage of folks by dumping braces to people who hadn't caught up with the news.

I know, caveat emptor and all that, but it seemed like pretty scammy behavior. No apologies on the title at all.
about a month before this decision was made a lot of the local Gun stores just quit selling braced weapons because they did not want to have a bunch taken in on pawn and did not want to sell a bunch to people who are stuck with making the decision on what to do

Back
Top Bottom