• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I know I am going to regret asking this but.....

It would damn sure be nice to have a turbo diesel option. There were a very few first gen Liberty models with diesel engines. They're very hard to find now.
To ME the Wrangler or CJ was always meant for either single folks or as a third vehicle. I don't have much driver seat time in later Wranglers but I can tell you that the old square headlight Wrangler was NOT something you would want to drive everyday.
They do make a 6.4 Hemi in the 2018 Rubicon. It’s extremely pricey. Like new Land Rover pricey...

Back in the old days guys use to drive their CJ-5's to work during the week and then play in the mud on the weekends. That was back when jeeps were an all terrain vehicle. Then Jeep came out with the CJ-6 and 7 stretching the wheel base. Initially they were the rage but the weekenders soon found out the longer wheel based jeeps would get stuck on a banana peel. The beginning of the end for Jeep all terrain vehicles. The crap Jeep makes today is nothing more than grocery getters. Take one of them off road mudding and you had better have a AAA membership.

Back in the old days guys use to drive their CJ-5's to work during the week and then play in the mud on the weekends. That was back when jeeps were an all terrain vehicle. Then Jeep came out with the CJ-6 and 7 stretching the wheel base. Initially they were the rage but the weekenders soon found out the longer wheel based jeeps would get stuck on a banana peel. The beginning of the end for Jeep all terrain vehicles. The crap Jeep makes today is nothing more than grocery getters. Take one of them off road mudding and you had better have a AAA membership.
In the old days there was always a news story somewhere of some idiot flipping one and dying. Same thing happened to the Samurai and early Trooper models. Point is you can't drive those vehicles like you would a Camaro. So then AMC/Jeep and eventually Chrysler came out with a longer wider model to deal with the rollover issue . Suzuki did the same by killing the Samurai and introducing the Sidekick/Tracker.
I don't have a problem with the older models or the improved models as in the Wrangler or Tracker. But why try to make those types of vehicles into family friendly daily drivers. Wait I already know the answer. Money. And making money is 110% okay by me. But if you dumb it down for the masses you risk ruining the brand and alienating the base. So...?

Ghey

usc30fic011d021003.png

More ghey
NBC-17-1043-484x226.png

Fabulous!
usc70jes162c021003.png

IMG_0094.JPG
IMG_1388.JPG

That's why this has been my every day driver for 24 years. No a/c, roll down windows, leaks when it rains and will beat the fillings out of your teeth on a rough road but it's never let me down in the woods. Wouldn't trade it for any new Jeep.

View attachment 1622299 View attachment 1622300

That's why this has been my every day driver for 24 years. No a/c, roll down windows, leaks when it rains and will beat the fillings out of your teeth on a rough road but it's never let me down in the woods. Wouldn't trade it for any new Jeep.
That's WAY cool! The old style boxy Broncos bring ALL the money these days. But if I could take my pick from the older 4WD models it would be a tough choice between the Bronco or the Scout. Both damn good vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom