• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I know I'm going to be called one of the "poors" but

My grandfather used to keep them in his bass boat. That and Beenie Weenies. Got to a point where the labels were gone or just faded away. So you had to open the can to find out what you were getting.

When fishing for catfish if my Dad got hungry he'd spear a chicken liver with his pocket knife then cook it over his Zippo lighter. Once I tried one I could have finished the livers and damn the fish!

^^^This^^^

Both of those are favored fishing foods for me. I also have stacks of cases of Beanie Weenies for SHTF. They're actually great cold.
I can't do BeenieWeenies either and I think it's because they're sweet. I don't like sweet or even bbq/ Manwich flavored beans. I don't do baked beans for the same reason.

When fishing for catfish if my Dad got hungry he'd spear a chicken liver with his pocket knife then cook it over his Zippo lighter. Once I tried one I could have finished the livers and damn the fish!
Don't do ANY liver but my old man had a good recipe for gizzards. It was just onion, bell pepper, seasoning salt and a can of Budweiser poured over all of that and cooked low on a gas grill for a few hours.

1f4a9f17-0164-4d23-94f5-2d57f2a13342_1.bbd943fb1df872f975924e3b1549ac7a.jpeg

Canned%20Smoked%20Oysters%20%2033717.jpg

Back
Top Bottom