• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I know nothing about Lugers

I hope it turn out to be a good investment for you though. A great piece to add to any collection regardless whatever the deal with it. A lot of gun collectors would kill to get their mitts on that gun.

image.jpeg

I don't suspect a refinish. The markings are crisp and the holes aren't "dished" out. All edges are sharp and clean. The acceptance mark is light and thin on one side.I have seen that on guns before. I have a K98 Yugo capture restamp and the eagles that were left are all kind of lopsided in the depth of the stamp from left to right.

The grips look aftermarket possibly. Not certain, but there were parts that were "straw" color vs. blued so definitely look into that. Either way, they are good shooters and fun to operate.

I don't suspect a refinish. The markings are crisp and the holes aren't "dished" out. All edges are sharp and clean. The acceptance mark is light and thin on one side.I have seen that on guns before. I have a K98 Yugo capture restamp and the eagles that were left are all kind of lopsided in the depth of the stamp from left to right.
how do you know thats not due to wear? Im pretty sure all Yugo captures would have been refinished. That said its possible its a light stamp picture isnt good enough to say for sure but seeing where it is id say its most likely holster related wear.

Oh I know my Yugo was refinished. It had all the nazi markings ground off. I found a few they had missed in small spots. They weren't buffed or ground down, just very light. A guy showed up to the range with a K98 one day last year just like mine - identical. There was one difference - his K98 was brought home from the battle field by his WW2 veteran father. It was in really great shape and all the stamps were there (some of which were lopsided in the depth of the stamp) and most importantly the bore was excellent! Much better than mine. He said "I brought some ammo for it and plan to shoot it" I wanted to see how it shot, but he put it in his truck and shot other guns instead that day.....:confused:

Attachments

• 4E85CCD7-5E34-4827-B72B-35ADCD17345C.jpeg
    4E85CCD7-5E34-4827-B72B-35ADCD17345C.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 46
  • F9115B24-6FBB-440E-9C40-80E96A5B05F0.jpeg
    F9115B24-6FBB-440E-9C40-80E96A5B05F0.jpeg
    46.7 KB · Views: 46
  • FB48BE65-D25A-476B-B5C5-CABF258FCDAE.jpeg
    FB48BE65-D25A-476B-B5C5-CABF258FCDAE.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 45
It was issued to the german police, (police safety fitted and later removed), the cannon, (upper), looks very much like its been refinished, I suspect the barrel's been replaced. The grips are 'VOPO' ones, typically fitted to east german capture guns after the war. It doesn't look like the typical dip finish they applied, so I suspect it was reblued sometime after they released them for sale.

A nice historic piece, but not a prime collectible.

It was issued to the german police, (police safety fitted and later removed), the cannon, (upper), looks very much like its been refinished, I suspect the barrel's been replaced. The grips are 'VOPO' ones, typically fitted to east german capture guns after the war. It doesn't look like the typical dip finish they applied, so I suspect it was reblued sometime after they released them for sale.

A nice historic piece, but not a prime collectible.
What he said . It’s a fine example but it’s not what you typically see .

Please keep in mind. Unless they have paperwork proving it .... do not buy a story . I don’t care if they tell you Hitler used it . Unless they have proof that story is worth zero. Just focus on the pistol. That being said his assessment matches mine.

If you are going to shoot it please take the grips off . A puppy dies every time Luger grips crack.

I have a few Luger pistols . One is documented war time , one is a beater shooter and I also have a mini. Good pistols
C0112079-7DF8-4B55-BA64-4B2AAB80019B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom