• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I like some Porsche (certainly over the Corvette) Own one?

First, this is a friendly thread. I have owned 2 Corvettes (1969 L36 and a 2004 Z06). Great cars.
View attachment 4305818

I like the Porsche 911 better.

View attachment 4305824

It's more reliable, handles better, and looks better. It's an overall win, win for Georgia. :D
I have an 06 Porsche 911. Love it. No Bette’s but I do own several other muscle cars. I do want a C7 Z06, though. I prefer them over the look of the C8. Wouldn’t sell my Porsche - amazing car.

I’ve owned 8 Corvettes including my current 2022 C8 and two Porsche. The 911 is old tech and you will pay $400 to $500 for an oil change. C8 superior in all respects in my view. Just do the research before you buy.
I’ve never paid big money for a Porsche oil change. Plenty of local euro shops around that will do them for about $125. I agree with you on the low tech but I think that’s what makes the 911 awesome - Porsche hasn’t messed with the recipe too much. Corvettes have changed a lot. I feel the last vette was the C7. The C8 is a new mid engine creation altogether. Cool car but not a vette to me.

Personally not a fan of the C8... Looks like a Ferramborghnilclaren.

The C7 is pretty sweet and a true Corvette!

https://www.forgestar.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/admiral-blue-chevrolet-corvette-c7-z06-black-concave-forgestar-wheels-f.jpg

Like the 911 Carrera too.
View attachment 4306152
I’m in agreement with you. C8 is a euro wannabe car. Cool, but not a corvette. Front engine muscle car is a Corvette. People will look back and want the C7’s in the future.

And the 911 is always a classic badass.

After they started putting a V8 in the car, the Corvette has always been a lot car for the money. Hard to beat. I hope to own one of each, 911 and Corvette, some day. However time is running out fast for me

Back
Top Bottom