• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I like some Porsche (certainly over the Corvette) Own one?

I’ve had many ‘70’s and ‘80’s era Porsche’s . I’ve had 6-7 ‘70’s era Corvette’s . They each have their certain appeal. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My favorite ? In the late ‘80’s I spent a year and a half rebuilding a partially wrecked 1979 Euro twin turbo . Made it a slant nose cabriolet. I did all the work. I really miss that car . But I gotta tell you , the new ‘Vette’s make my 72 year old genes LUST !

Not wanting to soil this thread, but I owned one of the first Carrera 4's off the line in 1989. What a nightmare! Dealer service ( Brumos) was unable to determine the cause of the main problem (engine cut out), no fun when it happens at 70-80 mph in the left lane of a 4 lane highway filled with trucks. The Porsche technical manager had that teutonic arrogance and "it can't be the car's fault" attitude.

Had the car in the dealers 30 times for the engine and miscellaneous other problems in the first 12 months of ownership. The Magnusson Moss Act (Lemon Law) failed me, and the Judge denied a hearing because Porsche had retained King & Spalding law firm vs. my lone lawyer and they got him to believe part of an out of context statement in my deposition.

% Porsche and the horse they rode in on! I did get the satisfaction of knowing that Porsche shelled out more money in 4 years of retainer fees to K&S than it would have cost to replace my death trap.

Ahhh, that feels better, thanks for reading :D

1986 911 Carrera I bought in 2005.
FB_IMG_1637005196295.jpg

I’m not a huge fan of Corvettes, although they are all impressive when the new model comes out.
But I’ve always thought the Porsche’s are just this side of fugly.

I’m in agreement with you. C8 is a euro wannabe car. Cool, but not a corvette. Front engine muscle car is a Corvette. People will look back and want the C7’s in the future.

And the 911 is always a classic badass.
I really want a 2019 Grand Sport but they're selling for way above sticker when new. Same with the Mustang GT 350's. Used car values are higher than ever but I think these 2 in particular are so high bc they're desireable and no longer available new. There's a 2017 GS at my local dealer with 9K miles on it, asking $67K

Hey, I personally like both... however I am just to damn big to fit in most porches.
On that note, I have a $500 gift certificate to the Porsche Driving Experience here in Atlanta. My wife gave it to me for our anniversary, however I not really interested. Would be willing to trade or sell at a slight discount if anyone is interested.
Meanwhile.. back to your discussion.

Back
Top Bottom