• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I like some Porsche (certainly over the Corvette) Own one?

View attachment 4307631
I can also admit I'm a little biased :)

Winner right here !

1520AAB9-EBD2-4F09-9F06-B29C6ED1BAE5.jpeg

hard to go wrong with either one. Very few drivers can get close to the potential of most modern sports cars, even on the track.

Porsche has the euro thing going for it, while the Corvettes have always been the "bang for the buck" underdog. Friends have both and each has a unique driving experience. I've always wanted a 911 (anyone got a spare Singer 911 for sale?) but still have an old school corvette (65). Hard to compare most of them as it's not going to be apples to apples unless you are very specific on models/versions.

I had a 1984 928 that would do that. I finally traced it to a wiring harness board on the firewall on the passenger side. Tiny hole at the bottom of the windshield would let water drain on to it shorting it out. I’m here to tell you I literally spent ten’s of hours trying to figuire it out. This was 1986. Pre internet. I lived in Florida. Major Kudo’s to PAP Porsche in Marietta , guy there told me what and where as he’d ran across it. And they’re still there in same location !
I didn't find out the why the engine would cut out until I sold the Carrera 4. Disclosed the problem to the prospective buyer before he flew in from Ames, Iowa. When we had Jim Ellis Porsche do the pre-sale inspection they said the problem was caused by the metal coil tips (2 coils) and replaced these with gold tips. There was a technical service recall on this problem but Porsche had not sent me the notification (and Brumos was out of business).

The purchaser drove the car home to Ames, Iowa with no problems. So much for my promised "fun filled and thrilling ownership" promised by Porsche's sales department :rolleyes2:.

I thought I was the “Chit” when Dad would drop me off & pick me up at school in his ‘74 Vette. Dad always had cool cars though, ‘69 Super Bee, two 1970 Charger R/T 440’s, ‘73 Mach1, ‘74 Formula 400 Firebird, ‘77 & ‘78 Trans Am TA 6.6’s. I used his ‘77 Trans Am for my honeymoon getaway car in Jan ‘79, now that was a fun car to drive. Some guy my wife went to school with chased us when we left the reception in a ‘57 Chevy with his girlfriend in the car but I smoked his ass when I took off sideways going the wrong way down a one way street. Still never have met the guy or know why he chased us, wonder if he’s still alive? lol!

Back
Top Bottom