• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I love you trader

Great post, I completely agree. I've always been in to guns as my dad had me shooting and hunting soon as I could walk but but it wasn't until 2011ish when I found this site that my knowledge and collection really started to expand. If it wasn't for the ODT and all the people who share their knowledge on here I would have never took the plunge to start my own business. This place is the perfect mix of useful information and ****s and giggles. I love it.

Great post, I completely agree. I've always been in to guns as my dad had me shooting and hunting soon as I could walk but but it wasn't until 2011ish when I found this site that my knowledge and collection really started to expand. If it wasn't for the ODT and all the people who share their knowledge on here I would have never took the plunge to start my own business. This place is the perfect mix of useful information and ****s and giggles. I love it.

My parrents were the exact opposite actually.. totally 100% anti gun (my mother is a dem but my my dad is a long time rep, he just doesn't like guns and doesn't want one in his house, he doesn't care if you have one in yours. Mom was much the same way) But my Uncle taught me how to shoot (remember I grew up in NY) learned on an old .22 short Remington version of the SA-22 browning rifle that my great uncle brought home in pieces from parts that were rejected at the Remington factory in Ilion where he worked. Worked the parts by hand to fix the flaws (mostly cosmetic) and built a very nice rifle out of it

I have a great love for guns (and actually my mothers fear was more in the non understanding of them. She lives with me now with early onset altzhimers (she and dad split as soon as I was out of school) and now that she has a working knowledge she actually likes going out with the .22 and plinking with me, and has in fact kicked my ass at battleships on more than one occasion) And would not have had the extreme pleasure of having the multitude of them that I have had access to through this forum. Never more than a couple at a time, trading here and there so I can try out other guns that I've had a lust for until I get tired of them and swap for something else

I have to agree, this place and most of the folks here rock. There are the normal share of jerks and people who can go POAR but every place has that.

For the most part, the ODT is unique and its hard core members are very cool and trustworthy.

Thanks to all who make it what it is. :grouphug:

I wouldn't last 5 minutes on Facebook with my Twisted sense of humor and political beliefs ...I'd probably give some libtard a heart attack and their family with Sue me because I told the truth about their crack pot opinions but not here.. what we have here is a bunch of constitutional loving red-blooded gun-toting Americans.......

Back
Top Bottom