• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I may be done with Optics Planet

Foxtrot Sierra

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
204   0
Reaction score
So, I’ve always defended OP because over the years I’ve done a ton of business (I.e., spent a lot of money) with them and I’ve never had any problems. My orders were always right and always shipped on time. Back orders were filled in a reasonable timeframe, and the rare (only 1) return was handled well. Fast forward to now when you can’t get anyone on the phone and there’s no chat, just emails with horrible turn around time. That being said, I’ve made many recent purchases and they have been arriving just fine.

I ordered a complete upper from them recently. It was back ordered, and although the wait was long, it did ship much sooner than I expected it to. It arrived swiftly, and was everything that I expected, EXCEPT it was missing a component that the listing clearly stated as included (in more than one location in the description). I messaged the manufacturer, who said that the component hasn’t been included with the upper in some time and the listing was erroneous. The manufacturer, by the way, answered me within the hour. OP took days. Their response (even after I informs them of the manufacturer’s communication), was that they would reach out to the manufacturer and that it would likely be several more days before they could tell me what they said. They offered me a 10% coupon, and said that I could return the item if I wanted. All I wanted was for the item/component to be sent to me, or a comparable item, or store credit in a fair amount. None of these remedies was offered.

So here we are. I am not going to return the upper because I want it, and I believe that the manufacturer has no obligation to make this right since I bought their item from OP, not directly. In the end, OP is stealing from me as I have an incomplete item and paid the complete price for what was supposed to be included per their listing. I don’t think I was unreasonable in asking for what I did. I’m keeping the upper, waiting for my last back order to be filled, an - if no satisfactory resolution is come to - will not but from them again.

I will stick with Primary Arms, who recently went above and beyond to make a similar situation right, but that’s a story for another time.

I paid money for an item that arrived incomplete. It’s missing a component that they sell for just under $100. So they’re offer was a 10% coupon, for which I’d have to spend nearly a grand to recoup the $100 they are unwilling to credit or - easiest - just send the part. I’ve already paid for it. So yes, they’re stealing from me.

I paid money for an item that arrived incomplete. It’s missing a component that they sell for just under $100. So they’re offer was a 10% coupon, for which I’d have to spend nearly a grand to recoup the $100 they are unwilling to credit or - easiest - just send the part. I’ve already paid for it. So yes, they’re stealing from me.
You said they offered you a refund, correct?

You said they offered you a refund, correct?
If a satisfactory resolution cannot be reached. Basically floated as a last resort. Are you going to ask for a refund for a new car (that you’ve waited for) that was delivered missing a tire, or just ask for them to provide a tire or comp you back for it so you can go get one. I don’t see it as a logical answer.

GeauxLSU GeauxLSU maybe we just see differently on such situations and have to agree to disagree.

I ordered a complete AR pistol from Primary Arms a few months back... one of those impulse purchases of something that came in stock and I just had to have it. It arrived and I didn’t even take notice that certain components weren’t as the listing had described (because it was already well-spec’d as it was). The charging handle was the manufacturer’s stock extended latch handle rather than an upgraded Radian and the buffer system was also manufacturer’s stock config versus the upgraded A5 system that it was listed as having. PA actually contacted me after several other customers made contact to inform them of the altered configurations, apologized for the error, and asked to confirm my shipping address so that they could send the missing components to me free of charge. Within 48 hours I had a BCM A5 tube, VLTOR buffer, Sprinco green spring, and a Radian CH in my mailbox.

That is customer service. That is how you earn and retain customer loyalty.

Back
Top Bottom