• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I may be moving back home to Alabama to Lake Guntersville.

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
@Nonliberal @DogLegArms Guys what do I do with my class 3 toys? What paperwork and all do I need to do? Can one of you guys help me out with this?

This is the house I'm looking at. Kinda excited to be moving to the lake. Just not excited about nfa paperwork.

ISeo76h06ojryu0000000000.jpg
ISqpwrr5n8e0hv0000000000.jpg

Found this on the net.

When you move, regardless of whether you move interstate or intrastate, the ATF wants you to update them regarding the permanent location where your NFA firearms will be stored. The ATF’s change of address form is ATF Form 5320.20, entitled “Application to Transport Interstate or to Temporarily Export Certain National Firearms (NFA) Firearms. If you are moving intrastate (within the same state), you can file the change of address form after you move. However, if you are moving interstate (across state lines), you need a be a little more careful. If the only NFA firearms that your gun trust owns are silencers, you can file your change of address form after you move. However, for any other type of NFA firearm, such as a short-barreled rifle (“SBR”), short-barreled shotgun (“SBS”), fully-automatic weapon (“machinegun”), etc., you must file your change of address form with the ATF before you move. After you receive the approved change of address form back from the ATF in the mail, then you can move these types of NFA firearms across state lines.

Back
Top Bottom