• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I missed ****ing twice! Argggh!

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
What the ****. I guess I came down with buck fever or some crap.

In the stand at 530 this morning. Jumped a doe on the way to it but no big deal. Just as legal light starts a doe steps out in front of my stand about 100 yards away. I'm watching her thinking about taking her when out steps s nice mature buck.

Lined up the scope and shot. Right over his ****ing back. Shooting 300 BLK with a can so the crack confuses him and he doesn't move. Crack, I shoot again.....right over his ****ing back again. For some dumb as reason I was holding over even though I knew I shouldn't at that range.

I gave it 15 minutes or so and then got down to double check for blood. Of course there is none because air doesn't bleed.

Here I sit back in my stand. Position blown, game spooked, wondering if I should just call it a day.

damn that sucks man. but I would stick it out, sometimes they come back later. I would stay.

wish I was out in the woods, be a great day for it. I only work till 10am tomm, so im thinking about going out in the afternoon tomm.

I hit exactly what I was aiming at. The air above him. What the **** was I thinking? That much hold over would have been good on a 600 yard shot with a 308.

Oh the shame you bring to your screen name, lol, buck fever done set in on the New Mexico boy,

spidy.jpg

I hit exactly what I was aiming at. The air above him. What the **** was I thinking? That much hold over would have been good on a 600 yard shot with a 308.

Shooting 300 BLK Subs you have to aim 2 inches high for every 10 feet away the target is - you just miss judged a bit. :)

Back
Top Bottom