• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need a Metro ATL gunsmith to cut and MR556 upper barrel to 10.5.

So I took the gun to the range today, and it was short stroke city… . Are there other options other than sending it back to D. wilson?? Can I change out to a lighter buffer?
Trying to avoid shipping back to the smith…

So I took the gun to the range today, and it was short stroke city… . Are there other options other than sending it back to D. wilson?? Can I change out to a lighter buffer?
Figure out your gas port size, if I had to guess. You took a rifle with a gas system optimized for X barrel length and cut it down. Naturally you're going to have issues.

Figure out your gas port size, if I had to guess. You took a rifle with a gas system optimized for X barrel length and cut it down. Naturally you're going to have issues.

.090 fixes everything

A lighter buffer is the first thing I’d try.

You can also try a lighter buffer spring. There is one Brownells sells for short stroking. I have one, but can't remember the brand.

When I sent it to the gunsmith, I specifically told him ( and paid for) gas hole to be sized for 10.4 piston HK upper.. so not sure what happened.. I emailed him, but in the interim just ordered a light buffer and light spring…

on a good note, my Eform 1 was approved 17 days after filing .. so I can ditch the brace..

Here is the final product.. I just need to put a different FH/adapter on the front for my can.

416 Clone 10.4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom