ODT Junkie!
119   0
Reaction score
Item Name: I need a motorcycle mechanic

Zip Code: 30052

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I have a 1979 Honda CBX. I need the gas tank cleaned and lined and carbs cleaned. Does anyone know a good mechanic who can help me?

Pictures:
thumbnail_17af8443-jpg.1348907

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Try Tommy @ Scooter World in Lawrenceville. I hate to say that the old man up front isn't always really nice. Tommy has been working on my three wheelers, 4 wheelers and my Harley. He can make anything run and is really reasonable.

Is that place Value Cycle still in business on the right going outbound nesr Covington?

One of the only 2 men i trust with my baby. Huey at Marietta Motorports being the other.

Item Name: I need a motorcycle mechanic

Zip Code: 30052

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I have a 1979 Honda CBX. I need the gas tank cleaned and lined and carbs cleaned. Does anyone know a good mechanic who can help me?

Pictures:
thumbnail_17af8443-jpg.1348907
Don't know any mechanics but looks identical to the 79 I owned back in the mid 80's. One powerful heavy weight!

Call around and see who'll work on it. the CBX is pretty special and my guess is some might not work on it. Livengood is solid but not cheap and usually works on race bikes but if he'll work on it it'll be done 100% right. Some others to check with: MSP Cycles in Decatur (again, more race oriented but they work on some odd stuff as well), HFD1 Motorsports in Buford, Huey at Marietta Motorsports, Racing Sport Services near Road Atlanta (ask for Hippie). I'd maybe start with RSS as he has a CBX on his cover page on his website. :)

good luck and post some more photos.

thanks for all the info. Yes, the CBX is a special breed and hard to find a mechanic who will, and has worked on one. The big deal is getting the tank lined and rust free. I can't find anyone who will tackle the rust in the tank and guarantee their work. You can't find a CBX tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom