ODT Junkie!
119   0
Reaction score
Item Name: I need a motorcycle mechanic

Zip Code: 30052

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I have a 1979 Honda CBX. I need the gas tank cleaned and lined and carbs cleaned. Does anyone know a good mechanic who can help me?

Pictures:
thumbnail_17af8443-jpg.1348907

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
hard to find someone that will do the tanks. I know the older Honda Hawk (NT650) are similar these days, no new tanks, so the non dented tanks are commanding a premium, but many have rust in them.

Tank lining shouldn't be a huge challenge to do yourself, making sure you get the cleaning media out is the big thing. Again, the carbs aren't a huge deal, just synching all 6 is a bit of a pain.

I've got an electronic balancer that works really well on 4 cyl, might work for a 6, depends on how the cards are linked together.

AFAIK usually one carb is the "master" and the others sync off that one, so even if you only have a dual channel, you can still sync multiple carbs.

Rusted tanks can be tricky. Often the chemicals that clean them often find weak spots in the tank. With these tanks being rare I'm guessing no one wants to be the guy to tell you the cancer is worse than they thought.

Hi need help with 1986 Honda Nighthawk S---if I can get the carb cleaned and gummed up junk removed from gas line
from sitting to long, without to much cash out--I could sell it!!!!! hooray and someone would be very happy!!

if you are comfortable pulling the carb off and apart (take photos with your phone if in doubt, particularly hose routing and placement) get some Yamaha Carb Dip and let the parts soak in there for a few hours and then clean them. Every Yamaha dealers should have it on the shelf. it's miracle stuff.

I typically just buy new jets for carbs as it's tough to get the little orifices clean all the way, plus you have fresh new jets and spares for when you have to do it again in a few years. Specifically the pilot jet (which affects the idle).

Reactions: MRM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom