• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I Need a preframed door hung - gun as payment

If you are off that much, forget the prehung door. Do it the old fashioned way and build a door frame to fit a door. A little more work, but not much.

I think the framing is fine, it is just sloped. The door don't quite fit. The opening is 31 1/2 - 32. Door measurements on the box were 32in. I'm way out of my leaugue here.

Did you use screws or nails?

It's better to have about 1/4" larger opening than the door casing.

If I wasn't so far away, I would be glad to help you out.

There ain't nothing worse than a door that doesn't swing properly.

I used some screws to mock it up. And not only does it not swing but it just aint right. I think one of our awesome members is going to come see about a fix. I really appreciate the effort though. Drywall went fine, siding went fine. Just waiting on a door to lay carpet.

That's where I'm at, wish I could help but it's a long haul. By the time I find time to drive down there he'd hopefully have it done by then.

That's where I'm at, wish I could help but it's a long haul. By the time I find time to drive down there he'd hopefully have it done by then.
get a 2'6" door and frame the jambs to be plumb,door should swing fine then.
I appreciate everyone’s help. Once again odt comes through. Found a member who will work in exchange for lead. Just like the good ole days.

Back
Top Bottom