• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need a smaller coffee maker....

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
226   0
Reaction score
I've observed CPG manufacturers downsize, weight-out, price pack, etc. since starting as a food broker in 1988. But this is getting ridiculous. Smaller paper towels and toilet paper is one thing, half gallon ice cream that is only 1.5 qts, but this has to stop. Look at this ****ing "standard" coffee filter (fits most coffee makers -bullshyte). It's so much shorter than the last ones I bought I can barely make use of them.
20220430_063321.jpg
20220430_063423.jpg

I've observed CPG manufacturers downsize, weight-out, price pack, etc. since starting as a food broker in 1988. But this is getting ridiculous. Smaller paper towels and toilet paper is one thing, half gallon ice cream that is only 1.5 qts, but this has to stop. Look at this ****ing "standard" coffee filter (fits most coffee makers -bullshyte). It's so much shorter than the last ones I bought I can barely make use of them.
View attachment 4239434View attachment 4239435
It's the new trend. Old items, sizes and prices generally get fixed with customers. The first change I really noticed was with bacon. They went from 16oz to 12oz and pretty much made the slice arrangement, package sizing etc. look the same - for about the same 'old' price. A 25% reduction in amount for the same 'old' price. Their new trick is to offer odd sizes - they have supersized 22 oz bacon now, visually looks like a lot more bacon and you're supposed to think the increased price is a good deal when considering the amount (weight). It isn't.

Snickers bars was the first thing I noticed. I'm a snickers guy, it's an entire meal in a wrapper and a good source of quick energy.
They took the king size Snickers bar, cut an oz out of the middle turning it into 2 little pieces called it a "fun bar" and raised the price. A regular size bar is roughly the same size as the little bars we used to give out as Halloween candy now.
I quit buying them on principle but that "shrinkflation" is the norm for virtually every product now.
Not only is our dollar worth less but we get less for everything we do buy. It's a damn conspiracy.

Back
Top Bottom