• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need a true shotgun gunsmith gunsmith.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I took it down to a certain extent and cleaned it but not all the way down due to time restraints at the time. I just a bought a beautiful Beretta A.302 semi shot gun and there seems to be a small rattle in it. Only when you tilt the gun back up and back again you ccan hear what sounds like something is loose or broken. It could be the design screw up but I hope not. Is there any gunsmiths out there that come across this before. I am going to completely this evening but I wanted to know if I should be on the lookout for a common problem on a shotgun or not. It doesn't bother me that much but better be safe than sorry.

If there is anyone that has delt with this before please your input would be greatly appreciated. I couldn't help myself. It's a gem of a shot gun. I dig early guns and this one is one of those you look for and only comes around one in a while in this condition. Wood is in pristine condition. The barrel looks brand new in the inside. It was made in 1982 and I love those year guns and older. Really looks good with the high gloss wood and blued steel.

I believe the internals are the same or close to as the 391. If so sometimes the recoil rod, for lack of the exact term, will rattle. Its connected to the sled. If not take the gas valve out and reassemble and see it it still does. These fit loosely.

There is not much you could f#up. Sounds normal.

Back
Top Bottom