• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need help building a AR

I used this this exact guide this weekend to put together my first lower. I had it done in less than an hour. I did use a big ziplok bag when putting in the front takedown detent and springs which helped alot b/c it went flying a couple times. I found using a flat head screw driver through the take down holes will hold the detent down while you can push the take down pin through the opposite way and over the flat head then just remove the flat head and all good to go. The other thing I learned that was much easier was using a vise to put in the trigger guard roll pin instead of a punch and tapping it. Aside from those things, I followed the guide step by step and it was a very smooth install.

Pic for proof :)
i63.tinypic.com_24b6jc6.jpg

I used this this exact guide this weekend to put together my first lower. I had it done in less than an hour. I did you a big ziplok bag when putting in the front takedown detent and springs which helped alot b/c it went flying a couple times. I found using a flat head screw driver through the take down holes will hold the detent down while you can push the take down pin through the opposite way and over the flat head then just remove the flat head and all good to go. The other thing I learned that was much easier was using a vise to put in the trigger guard roll pin instead of a punch and tapping it. Aside from those things, I followed the guide step by step and it was a very smooth install.

Pic for proof :)
i63.tinypic.com_24b6jc6.jpg

Excellent! Now for test fire!

that setting looks nice... I am not doing it yet because couple things came up, but it is happening within 4 months.. I get jealous seeing what people build and telling how easy it is...

Back
Top Bottom