• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need help finding a leak.

Back in ‘06 I got a mean-on and hand-dug the trench for my replacement copper waterline at one of my properties down in the city in the evenings after work. I eventually dug 18” for about 18 feet, up a hill, and behind a stone retaining wall.

Just get the right stinger shovel and a good Maddock and take your time over a few weeks and and work in 1” increments along the trench and flood the trench to keep it moist as you gradually increase the depth and you’ll be fine. Red georgia clay loosens up and digs easy at the top inch or two if you flood the trench overnight.

Before I did anything else I would close all the toilet valves for a period of time and see if that reduces the flow rate. It’s prolly the just toilet(s) leaking if you don’t have a soft spot out in your yard. The internal toilet hardware can start leaking after only a few years, which keeps the water running through the toilets 24/7.

I keep my 2 unused toilet valves closed off all the time so I don’t have to worry about leaks or failures there.

Me get the facts right? Your 1st sentence says "Thought this was a poly line"

Where did you get that from? Nobody has went out to even look yet had a few speculate, but that's it. As far as the $2k figure that was an exaggerated thought you would be able to comprehend that?

A yankee huh? Your going to stoop to that kind of ignorant banter when I AM the only MO-FO that has offered to go their and help him basically free (re-read my initial post). You have thin skin and sound like a VERY / VERY angry man (?).

Surely your not still drunk from last night? :suspicious:

I don't drink, ignorant fool. Nor do I like you one bit. You're a new feller on here and seem like you know everything.
So if you offered to go down there, shut the hell up and go. People like you shouldn't be on this forum - PERIOD.

And YES....a poly line. Anyone and everyone knows you don't patch poly lines, you REPLACE them! But you know everything. Right. New guy. 2018 join date.
Get out your shovel and look around for a water leak, likely more than one with poly buddy.

You have a lot to learn dude. The one thing I know is how to click on the IGNORE button....and guess what. You're gone out of my life forever. Adios amigo!!!

Back
Top Bottom