• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need help please

if you are still money conscious and want to have a preparedness bag for you and your kiddles, i would start at walmart.

you can get the outdoor products backpacks relatively cheap. and they have most if not all things that you could need or want to put in there.

on youtube there is a guy who did a walmart bug out bag for right around 200$. i forget the name right now, but if you do a search he will show up.

since this is what you want to do, do research and make lists and then other lists, see what everyone has. then go and see what fits your needs. everyone will have different stuff and everyone's methodology is different. take in all that you can, and do it cheap until you find what works best for you.

Yep I would love to have a bag for each of us ready for sure! :) I started a list last night and have a few of the things but really want to get more: ) Thank you

The best two pieces of advise I can offer you is, after you make a purchase you are happy and comfortable with, train with it!! Also, purchase 2 cheap disconnected cell phones with chargers, put one in your room and one in your safe room. A disconnected cell phone will always be able to call 911 no matter what! The last thing you want to be doing after you have safely got your kids an yourself to one of the rooms, is looking for a phone to call 911. Even though you would have a firearm with you, always make sure you have help on the way.

Last edited:
The best two pieces of advise I can offer you is, after you make a purchase you are happy and comfortable with, train with it!! Also, purchase 2 cheap disconnected cell phones with chargers, put one in your room and one in your safe room. A disconnected cell phone will always be able to call 911 no matter what! The last thing you want to be doing after you have safely got your kids an yourself to one of the rooms, is looking for a phone to call 911. Even though you would have a firearm with you, always make sure you have help on the way.

Thank you I would have never thought of that very good idea: )!

That's a great point! Never even thought about that. I get used to having my cell on me, but what if I leave it in the other room.

Back
Top Bottom