• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need some schooling....

Cruisers460

Default rank <4500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
75   0
Reaction score
OK, looking to buy a couple of trail cams. The number of choices is a bit over whelming when you have never looked at them!
Two legged deer sign has been spotted in my backyard. The normal type signs...mising gas cans etc. Since I no longer have teenagers I'm betting the two legged deer are coming into my yard from up the street.
From the side of my barn to the fence line is about 65 feet, from the same side it's about 100 to the shed where deer sign (said missing cans) is located. I have two windows on the side of the barn at about 12 foot off the ground that I can mount cameras at that would point in the general direction. So what would be a good reasonable non bank breaking choice to reach that far at night? I'm guessing I would need non visible infrared but I really don't know. Or should I just go with security cameras? Thanks

Trail cameras are great for a week or two, but changing batteries and erasing the SD card gets old. I used them to catch a mailbox thief, but my mailbox is 1000ft from the house and I didn't have much choice. If you can, use regular security cameras from your house. If not, I've been happy with my Stealthcam G42ng's. https://www.stealthcam.com/g-series/

FDFD787C-4BB3-4DC4-904E-15F7EF7944BF.jpeg I have a Moultrie and a cuddeback I prefer the Moultrie

Here’s a day shot from the Cudde. Batteries last a long time .

Lots of variation in price buy better = better quality

Back
Top Bottom