• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need...

I explicitly told him I don't use CMMG triggers. I use the pins and springs. That's it. The pins are tapered and the springs do the job just fine. You don't need LWRC pins and springs. I told him what I used and other options that will work. I don't expect anyone to use my parts list. Most of what that was what I used on a couple of my last builds. If you are up on parts lingo a builders lower parts kit doesn't even come with a FCG. I suggest you read up on that. It just pins springs, bolt catch, take down pins, safty and mag release which I replaced anyway. I an not going to buy a 120 dollar lower parts kit an not use 50% of it. I list multiple parts on most parts and no go options as well. I highly suggest you retain some of what you read. There are literally dozens of decent parts kits that completely fine to use. I have a Shilen 308 barrel and it is crazy accurate I will back that play. It's his build and i expect him to live and learn. You don't get decent at building by using the same stuff every time. You have make some mistakes here and there to be able to make educated decisions on the next build. One thing I don't recommend is order everything from PSA Freedom line and expect a quality build. You can't count on two hands and maybe a foot the quality rifle Manf. on the market that offer very good parts to choose from. I don't always use the same parts. I like Daniel Defense, Wilson Combat, Seekins, Rainier Arms, Battle arm dev., LWRC and a host of other suppliers that will come together to make a fine rifle. The meat and potatoes of a good build is the barrel, BCG and the trigger. I you don't like a adj. unit you have to adj. then put a drop in unit. The outside it fluff. The pins and springs are probably made by the same people anyway. The market won't bare 15 manf. of those parts. Especially now. You don't need KAK pins and springs. The thought of that just chaps my ass. Honestly some of you people are ridiculous and jump at the opportunity to put someone down and don't even take in the info.

I explicitly told him I don't use CMMG triggers. I use the pins and springs. That's it. The pins are tapered and the springs do the job just fine. You don't need LWRC pins and springs. I told him what I used and other options that will work. I don't expect anyone to use my parts list. Most of what that was what I used on a couple of my last builds. If you are up on parts lingo a builders lower parts kit doesn't even come with a FCG. I suggest you read up on that. It just pins springs, bolt catch, take down pins, safty and mag release which I replaced anyway. I an not going to buy a 120 dollar lower parts kit an not use 50% of it. I list multiple parts on most parts and no go options as well. I highly suggest you retain some of what you read. There are literally dozens of decent parts kits that completely fine to use. I have a Shilen 308 barrel and it is crazy accurate I will back that play. It's his build and i expect him to live and learn. You don't get decent at building by using the same stuff every time. You have make some mistakes here and there to be able to make educated decisions on the next build. One thing I don't recommend is order everything from PSA Freedom line and expect a quality build. You can't count on two hands and maybe a foot the quality rifle Manf. on the market that offer very good parts to choose from. I don't always use the same parts. I like Daniel Defense, Wilson Combat, Seekins, Rainier Arms, Battle arm dev., LWRC and a host of other suppliers that will come together to make a fine rifle. The meat and potatoes of a good build is the barrel, BCG and the trigger. I you don't like a adj. unit you have to adj. then put a drop in unit. The outside it fluff. The pins and springs are probably made by the same people anyway. The market won't bare 15 manf. of those parts. Especially now. You don't need KAK pins and springs. The thought of that just chaps my ass. Honestly some of you people are ridiculous and jump at the opportunity to put someone down and don't even take in the info.
Are you drunk? I don’t need you telling me about what AR parts are ok to purchase with your track record of misinformation you spill into this forum. My recommendations come from experience and findings from well regarded industry professionals/manufacturers, not from shade tree AR tinkering assembling random components.

CMMG LPK’s suck and an ALG/Geissele/Colt LPK’s less FCG arent even close to $120.

Stay in your lane

I wonder how much money got generated from that Sig upper sale? I’ll be sighting mine in this weekend. I just need to figure out a white light.

C846D8BF-C762-4199-883D-7E4CE73AAC97.jpeg

How about you get out mine and we won't have a problem. I suppose you didn't even hear the part where I only use pin and springs. Are you illiterate. There are maybe a half dozen spring manufacturers and mil-spec is mil-spec. Get a grip and listen to what I say and not say what I didn't. Are you the best assembler in the nation or something. You certainly act like it. Do you honestly think there is that much difference in springs and pins. You listen to manufacturers selling their products and take it as gold. I have built my fair share of AR's and never had a problem with a spring or pin. I have Seekins parts coming out of my ass in my parts box that use in loo of the parts in the CMMG parts. You are not shy about tooting your own horn. We all should bow to Wallace. He is the build king of ODT. We are all inferior to his ultimate knowledge of the pin and spring industry. All Hail Wallace!

I wonder how much money got generated from that Sig upper sale? I’ll be sighting mine in this weekend.

Rolling_trip Rolling_trip , Tylerls1 Tylerls1 , and @Jholdbrooks... now don't be spouting out the stuff you are using to build your rifles with SigM400 uppers, lest you confuse the masses on your quality parts list. I am content to use my Spikes Tactical LPKs, without all the high-dollar gadgetry, on either my Spikes, Colt M4, or Mega Arms lowers, keeping my build on the "down low". And I sure as heck am not going to get too specific on BCG and CH cause I don't won't me no lashing from the "big dogs". And those MFT Minimalist stocks I purchased and actually prefer... some of which came from Jet.com... didn't realize that was against party rules either. Just sayin...

How about you get out mine and we won't have a problem. I suppose you didn't even hear the part where I only use pin and springs. Are you illiterate. There are maybe a half dozen spring manufacturers and mil-spec is mil-spec. Get a grip and listen to what I say and not say what I didn't. Are you the best assembler in the nation or something. You certainly act like it. Do you honestly think there is that much difference in springs and pins. You listen to manufacturers selling their products and take it as gold. I have built my fair share of AR's and never had a problem with a spring or pin. I have Seekins parts coming out of my ass in my parts box that use in loo of the parts in the CMMG parts. You are not shy about tooting your own horn. We all should bow to Wallace. He is the build king of ODT. We are all inferior to his ultimate knowledge of the pin and spring industry. All Hail Wallace!
Greg, you’re hopeless.

I don’t come on ODT much at all anymore from the derpes **** I read every time I log on. I was asked to post my opinion so I did. You posted information that isn’t substantiated by any reputable manufacturer/testing and I pointed it out.

Feel free to pick my recommendations apart due to inherit design flaws or any other type of known QC/QA issues so we all know.

I love the Maxim PDW brace that I have on my new 300 pistol. Not sure if I could do it again on a rifle though.

Also, you can check out POF's ultimate BCG. They say that it is machined from a single block, so the gas key isn't separate. So you don't ever have to worry about it being staked correctly. Makes sense, but I've never tried one. I've got a BCM BCG in my new pistol, and it works great and is staked well, but was surprised by the finish on it. I was expecting a little better finish.

If you want some serious fun, get the Fostech Echo trigger. I've got one in one of my 223 Wylde rifles I built and it will put a smile on your face for sure.

I love the Maxim PDW brace that I have on my new 300 pistol. Not sure if I could do it again on a rifle though.

Also, you can check out POF's ultimate BCG. They say that it is machined from a single block, so the gas key isn't separate. So you don't ever have to worry about it being staked correctly. Makes sense, but I've never tried one. I've got a BCM BCG in my new pistol, and it works great and is staked well, but was surprised by the finish on it. I was expecting a little better finish.

If you want some serious fun, get the Fostech Echo trigger. I've got one in one of my 223 Wylde rifles I built and it will put a smile on your face for sure.
Just food for thought as the LWRC DI rifles use a 1 piece carrier/gas key as well. In the event you get debris in the gas key or it gets damaged, the entire carrier would have to be replaced or debris nearly non-user serviceable to clear fro the 1 piece design.

You are correct though, no worries of a leaking gas key or staking issues with that design.

Back
Top Bottom