BCM
SOLGW
Sionics

LPK:

Colt through G&R tactical
ALG/Geissele
Sionics

FCG:

Utility type FCG with a nicer definitive "wall" and crisp break.

Geissele SSA
G2S (Same as SSA sans some QC checks, lack of J spring -> uses an external type, and laser etching)
SD-C (flat trigger bow)

Precision, lighter pull and generally "faster" feeling.

SSA-E
SD-E (same as SSAE but with flat trigger bow)

Receiver Extension:

LMT

Stock:

B5 Enhanced SOPMOD
Money no restriction, LMT SOPMOD

Take down pins:

Battle Arms Development EPS

Grip:

To each their own:

B5, MIAD, K2, etc....

Buffer and spring:

H2 BCM

SpringCo red spring

Charging Handles:

BCM Mod4

Geissele SCH or Airborne.

I like the Mod4 as its pretty much the prefect size to manipulate and clear an optic, but not so large as to snag. The airborn sized Geissele is a little closer to the Mod 4 latch size, but given Geissele latch shape, I prefer the std Super Charging Handle. YMMV....

That’s a list of solid, quality parts.

Like he mentions, some parts are personal preference. For instance, my favorite buttstock for a general purpose carbine is the Magpul MOE. It’s one of the cheapest ones, doesn’t have storage compartments or a coffee grinder, but does everything I need it to do; lock in place and give me someplace to put my shoulder and cheek.

The Vltor A5 is a very good buffer system. I have it in a few of mine. Includes receiver extension, buffer, buffer spring, and receiver end plate.

I like the Radian Raptor ambidextrous charging handle and the Talon ambidextrous safety/selector. The Talon can be set for 45 or 90 degrees. I used to think it was gimmicky, but now I really like the 45 degree option and use it in every single one of my AR’s, regardless of intended purpose or caliber.

A few other parts you can definitely do without, but that I’ve been using recently and really digging, are:
1. Geissele Maritime bolt latch. Quicker/easier to find to release or lock the bolt to the rear, nice for reloads and malfunction clearances. I’m a righty, but I especially recommend it for lefties.

2. Forward Controls Design Low Drag Forward Assist, if you’re running an ambidextrous charging handle.......if you’re not, then skip this part. It dispenses with the enlarged rim that is around the circumference of the standard forward assist. I’ve seen folks rip the crap out of their fingernail by catching it on this rim when using the right-side arm of the ambidextrous charging handle. The FCD LDFA fixes this nicely.........or you can take a file/Drexel and grind the rim off of your FA.

3. Forward Controls Design Enhanced Magazine Release. Every so slightly extended, with the additional of a cupped shape.

Like he mentions, some parts are personal preference. For instance, my favorite buttstock for a general purpose carbine is the Magpul MOE. It’s one of the cheapest ones, doesn’t have storage compartments or a coffee grinder, but does everything I need it to do; lock in place and give me someplace to put my shoulder and cheek.

The Vltor A5 is a very good buffer system. I have it in a few of mine. Includes receiver extension, buffer, buffer spring, and receiver end plate.

I like the Radian Raptor ambidextrous charging handle and the Talon ambidextrous safety/selector. The Talon can be set for 45 or 90 degrees. I used to think it was gimmicky, but now I really like the 45 degree option and use it in every single one of my AR’s, regardless of intended purpose or caliber.

A few other parts you can definitely do without, but that I’ve been using recently and really digging, are:
1. Geissele Maritime bolt latch. Quicker/easier to find to release or lock the bolt to the rear, nice for reloads and malfunction clearances. I’m a righty, but I especially recommend it for lefties.

2. Forward Controls Design Low Drag Forward Assist, if you’re running an ambidextrous charging handle.......if you’re not, then skip this part. It dispenses with the enlarged rim that is around the circumference of the standard forward assist. I’ve seen folks rip the crap out of their fingernail by catching it on this rim when using the right-side arm of the ambidextrous charging handle. The FCD LDFA fixes this nicely.........or you can take a file/Drexel and grind the rim off of your FA.

3. Forward Controls Design Enhanced Magazine Release. Every so slightly extended, with the additional of a cupped shape.
I am still on the fence with the maritime latch. I am thinking of swapping to the FCD ABC/R v2 dimpled. The Maritime is just too big for my liking.

Except for the Geissele maritime bolt latch it looks oddly enough like my parts list.

I am still on the fence with the maritime latch. I am thinking of swapping to the FCD ABC/R v2 dimpled. The Maritime is just too big for my liking.

Wasn’t sure I was gonna like it, for the same reason. I figured I’d try it for a while, and then cut off the bits I didn’t like. So far, I have had no issues caused by its size, so I’ve left it unmolested.

And Wallace why on earth do you have to get so personal. It's just a parts suggestion thread. He ask what I used and you came at me like a pissed off Tiger. If meds need to be dispensed the I believe your attitude displays that. You can politely correct me and do it in a nice and gentlemanly like way. There is no need for all this animosity over a few AR parts.

For those matched sets I said looked so good they were some of the best sets I have ever used for 225 per set. I back up my claim on fit and finish being some of the best I had seen.

I don't mind getting info that corrects some of my choices but honey will get you more that crap. Come on man you are grown man and should be acting as such. I am not going to hold this against you simply for the fact you believed in what you are saying and didn't back down. However taking such an elitist attitude is not very courteous. Don't be so eager to cut the legs off of a member. I think we are at the age we can disagree and do it in a intelligent and mature manor.

Don't blame me for the derpes post. You drew first blood. Quite frankly I was appalled at you first post. Now as the link you so eloquently offered was a google page. Obviously everything we read on the internet is completely true and is not biased in and way at all.

I went back and read my post and I don't really see where I offered up an info that was completely off base. Except for the CMMG pins and springs everything else I suggested was of high quality and didn't give a this is the part you should use and a that's that summation. Your post was completely out of character and I am disgusted with your immature comments.

FailZero uses cheap taiwan YFS fasteners on their BCG's which do not have the correct profile or serrations to be retained by proper staking (which they are not known for).
TRUTH!

I bought a brand new FZ BCG and not only was it not staked worth a damn, but the fasteners were barely even hand tight.

Those MFers will never see another penny from me.

TRUTH!

I bought a brand new FZ BCG and not only was it not staked worth a damn, but the fasteners were barely even hand tight.

Those MFers will never see another penny from me.

I'm starting to regret mine after reading some of the issues with them. Wish I would have done a little more research before buying it. I do hear they have a no BS warranty though.

Back
Top Bottom