• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need...

I'm starting to regret mine after reading some of the issues with them. Wish I would have done a little more research before buying it. I do hear they have a no BS warranty though.
@mtdawg169 was nice enough to swap out the fasteners on mine and properly stake them for me, but I definitely wish I’d done more homework on BCGs before I bought into the FZ hype.

Mine has only seen about 300 rounds so far, but I haven’t had any problems from it yet.

I run my .22lr upper on my AR lower WAY more than I run my 5.56 upper on it, so the FZ BCG should last me a lot of years either way.

Toolcraft BCG?
Toolcraft only OEM’s carriers. They do not make bolts. YMMV in regards to bolt material quality, fasteners, and staking. Also, they do not offer individual HP/MPI for the bolts they source to supply complete BCG’s with. Just batch testing at best.

I have only used one Fail Zero NiB bolt carrier group and it's still in action after years of use they may have gone to sh*t since then so by all means take what these guys are saying about the most recent parts. Most of the time I use WMD or DD, Wilson Combat. It doesn't make a difference on a 6.8 they are all expensive as hell.

I just received my Radian Titanium forward assist today and installed it. It looks nice and is nice and smooth. As soon as I get my trigger set up and install my anti rotation pin set I will post pics of the upper and lower with all the titanium parts in them. It looks pretty good. Not good enough for all the money I spent though.

I just received my Radian Titanium forward assist today and installed it. It looks nice and is nice and smooth. As soon as I get my trigger set up and install my anti rotation pin set I will post pics of the upper and lower with all the titanium parts in them. It looks pretty good. Not good enough for all the money I spent though.

Titanium forward assist? How often are you using your forward assist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titanium forward assist? How often are you using your forward assist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hardly ever but it fit in with the all titanium upper and lower parts theme on this build. Had to do something different and off the beaten path with this one. I will say all the parts move smooth and refined. So there is a little more benefit than just the color contrast.

I have only used one Fail Zero NiB bolt carrier group and it's still in action after years of use they may have gone to sh*t since then so by all means take what these guys are saying about the most recent parts.
As I said, I can’t comment on the longevity/round count of my FZ BCG because it’s only seen about 300 rounds, but I can definitely tell you that their quality control was terrible on the BCG I received about a year ago.

My shooting interest has really changed a lot in the last year or so anyway so I haven’t really gotten much trigger time on my AR. I’ve gone from blasting away with 5.56 and 9mm (AR and Glock) to being more interested in trying to accurately get out to 250-300 yards with a bolt action .22lr.

My little $200 Savage FV-SR has been getting most of my love recently.

036B609F-3C70-4F34-B2CD-147AA6AAFEC0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom