• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I needs some learning.....on trucks

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
226   0
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a truck and I'm curious to hear thoughts on 4 wheel vs. 2 wheel drive. I would use it mostly as a pavement pounder. I like the Ford Lariat as it seems like a passenger car but I don't know if $4k difference in price is justifiable for 4X4 vs. rear wheel drive only. Any suggestions that don't include me doing something anatomically unlikely to myself?

For me I always gravitate towards a 4x4. One of those better to have it than not things. Between a couple hurricanes and the snow storm last year where SAV got like 3-4", with no plows for miles, I was one of the very few on the road. All the rest were 4x4s too.

IMG_1690.JPG

Meh, you arent gonna use the 4wd in Macon if the only reason you use one is snow....if you are going to start trail riding, going off road any at all, or whatever, then spend the extra. Otherwise it is wasted $..... you know if you are going to use it or not.

Had several 4x4, never used it. Repairs are sometimes costly too. Last two f150's i've owned have been 2x4, only had one day in 8 years where i've stayed home. I did have to sling mud to get out of a soggy field at a turkey shoot once....that was fun though!

Had a 2wd Ranger and it was fine.

We bought a 2005 Honda Pilot and engaged the 4wd twice in the umpteen years we've owned it.

Unless you seek out the trails 2wd should serve just fine.

<--- haven't owned a pickup since '04 and even that was a Ranger.

Back
Top Bottom