• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I needs some learning.....on trucks

Thanks. I rarely engage the 4WD on my Explorer, that's what got me to thinking. Even in the Chicago winters I rarely used it.
I'll take the old Explorer when you get a new truck. But seriously I just drove a new Tacoma through the car wash at work yesterday. It was nice without being a loaded out crazy expensive model. The Toyotas we get at the Port are all headed out of the country usuall to Costa Rica. With that in mind their not the tip of the line models with all the options. The truck I drove yesterday was a manual 6 speed I guess. Very nice inside and put. It was 4 wheel drive with 4 doors. No window sticker so I have no idea what the MSRP was. My only complaint with it would be that these day 4 door trucks have little short ass beds.

Meh, you arent gonna use the 4wd in Macon if the only reason you use one is snow....if you are going to start trail riding, going off road any at all, or whatever, then spend the extra. Otherwise it is wasted $..... you know if you are going to use it or not.
I'm not taking a $46K vehicle 'trail riding' whatever that is. LOL! I'm way too cheap.

2wd goes where you need to go 4wd just leaves you further from the road when it sticks.
LOL, this sounds like wisdom borne of experience.

I grew up in southern california and could never understand the additional expense for the one or two times per year that you might need it...

Until I took my 2wd 7.3 out in the desert and absolutely needed it. You find out that 2wd really means one wheel drive when you really need it.

There was a couple of times that I was ready to call Geico and ask if they could do 4wd off road recovery.

Here in Atlanta last winter, we had at least one day where 4wd AND A SET OF CHAINS, was the difference between getting there or not. I would spend the extra money

Kinda like a shank.
Absolutely .

do-you-ever-just-turn-your-candy-canes-into-prison-9371878.png

I'm planning to keep the Explorer which is 4X4, so I can get to the Krogers and buy milk and bread in case of Snowmageddon. The 2X4 seems to 'ride' better to me.

I have several pickups and several 4X4s. I always take one of the 2 X 4 pickups when hunting or doing farm maintenance far off road. I have been stuck exactly once in the last 20 years where I would not have been stuck in a 4X4. 1/4 mile walk to get the tractor and a chain, and all was good.

Unless you have a real need for 4 wheel drive, save your money.

I have a 2wd Chevy because we live in GA, I dont go offroad on purpose, and I thought I would be a smart guy and save the extra money. I can think of at least two occasions in the last couple of years where I was really really pissed at myself for not having 4X4. All the other days I'm glad I saved my money. Hows that for a non-answer?

*I want my next truck to be 4X4.

Back
Top Bottom