• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I needs some learning.....on trucks

I wont buy a 2wd truck. One thing no one mentions is resale value, 4wds have better resale value. Also if i wanted 2wd, I would prob just ride around in a car or something smaller. In almost any low traction condition, AWD is going to be the best option besides mudding.

Im more of the spend more money to be prepared mentality. I will say my first truck was a 2wd standard can manual v6 F150 and it was awesome. Its main purpose in life was to transport my motorcycle around. I had a car before that, but didnt have enough money for 3 vehicles at the time.

Why not go classy and get an AWD soccer mom suv? Better gas mileage, too.
I have that now. LOL!

I wont buy a 2wd truck. One thing no one mentions is resale value, 4wds have better resale value. Also if i wanted 2wd, I would prob just ride around in a car or something smaller. In almost any low traction condition, AWD is going to be the best option besides mudding.

Im more of the spend more money to be prepared mentality. I will say my first truck was a 2wd standard can manual v6 F150 and it was awesome. Its main purpose in life was to transport my motorcycle around. I had a car before that, but didnt have enough money for 3 vehicles at the time.
I'll probably keep it until I die. Resale value is not a huge consideration for me.

I prefer a 4wd, but probably don't really need one. My father use to load firewood or railroad tracks and never missed a day of work because of snow. I flip a switch and I have yet to miss a day of work because of snow. I have actually needed 4wd a couple of time over the last 30 years of driving. Some of those years I had cars, but for the most part trucks. Some of those times, I wouldn't have been where I was had I not had 4wd, but several times it was to back up a hill to get to barns/storage units that otherwise I would have had to carry something a good long ways.

Incidentally, and I have no mechanical knowledge of this, but I am convinced that 2wd and 4wd trucks are geared differently. I have lived in the same house for 25 years and park in the same place every day. I have had to switch to 4wd in places in the yard/driveway that 2wd never spun the tires.

4x4 for resale value.. Even though right now you may decide you will keep it forever, if you go to sell it you will recoup your initial investment...

Back
Top Bottom