• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I needs some learning.....on trucks

if i was able to buy a new 4x4 it would be a new f150 with the ecoboost fo sho. and if your one of the few of your friend circle with a truck....prepare to be invited over anytime they have to move, or if one of them bought something at a store they cant fit in there car lol.

i just wish they still did solid axles and stick floor shifters for 4wd on light trucks. the IWE solenoid went out on my 05 f150 and it was a pain in the butt to get to. and 4wd = bad gas mileage. im lucky to get around 13 on my 5.4l v8 lol. doesnt matter if your in 4wd or 2wd, you gonna get worse mileage than a similar truck thats 2wd only.

I'm planning to keep the Explorer which is 4X4, so I can get to the Krogers and buy milk and bread in case of Snowmageddon. The 2X4 seems to 'ride' better to me.

The Exploder is nice so long as it doesn’t spontaneously combust inside your garage. And any car will ride better with $4k riding in your pocket.

Graduated college in 1986, bought my first vehicle, 4x4 1985 Chev Blazer, today would be the Tahoe size vehicle. Every truck or vehicle I've owned since has been 4x4, that has been 8 vehicles total and never regretted buying the 4x4.

Just ****ing do it man.... these newer trucks have all the bells and whistles, I’m glad @crippen ruined my 14 truck.

33F27491-39AC-47A7-8B8F-CFDE07FFC279.jpeg

I grew up in Pittsburgh, hilly as can be, and drove a 2wd S10 since I got my license. My father also had a 2wd S10, he commuted an hour each way to work in the coal mine. Through ~8” of snow or ~2” of solid ice covering the streets, we got around fine, you just have to know how to drive in it.

That being said, our family vehicle, Honda Pilot, is 4wd because I’m not taking any chances with my kids in this ****hole of a city. Getting home safely during snowmaggedon, and having to help multiple people get unstuck so I could pass, taught me that we needed at least one 4wd vehicle. You can’t get a running start up a hill when the road is a parking lot.

My tundra is 2wd.

Back
Top Bottom