• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I remember why I do not use deer processors anymore.

I process all my own deer. But the other day my son killed a big 7 pt a few days before we were leaving to go out of town so I dropped him off at a processor. This deer probably weighed about 150lbs or more. I asked for 10lbs of link sausage to be made and the rest juts cut up. I went to pick the meat up today and got one box of meat that did not include the sausage. I weighed it when I got home and it weighed 22 lbs. So needless to say I will never do that again.

Chapman's in Woodland. Excellent. Best summer sausage and Salisbury steak.

You sure he didn't give you someone else's deer? I have heard some deer processor horror stories, but this would be pretty blatant with a deer of that size. I'd be surprised someone even had the cojones to do it.

I love my processor. They do a great job, and are very reasonable pricewise. I don't mind doing my own, but I sometimes don't even have time to field dress them which is why I am glad my processor is 5 minutes away.

Who do you use? TIA....mikey357

You men may not know it but in Georgia all deer processing falls under DNR supervision and any Hanky-Panky is dealt with promptly...."if" you notify them of your complaint. I know of a couple of processors that were been shut down permanetly due to tainted meat sending people to the hospital and were fined big $ due to problems and filthy processing procedures. If all you got was a cigarette butt then you may have been lucky. [wink] Know your processor before you kill the deer.

10 out of 10 people cant guess a deers live weight much less hog dressed weight for ****.have em weigh it.Take a pic,ask the guy at the store what his guess is,write it on the ticket.Wayne Kelly in Stockbridge area is one of the very best.

Back
Top Bottom