• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I remember why I do not use deer processors anymore.

I picked up the 2 I killed on Sunday morning. I got around 70-75lbs meat back. The doe I killed was probably 100lbs gutted, the button was probably 85 gutted.

anyone have experience with the processor guy in downtown Winder? probably be the one I will use if I ever manage to get a deer off the Redlands lol. the guy we used to use is just to far away now, the one up in Buford. forget what his name was, but you go to the damn store and then away from the damn and it was down there on the right I think (been 10+ years lol). he made the best deer sausage though.

anyone have experience with the processor guy in downtown Winder? probably be the one I will use if I ever manage to get a deer off the Redlands lol. the guy we used to use is just to far away now, the one up in Buford. forget what his name was, but you go to the damn store and then away from the damn and it was down there on the right I think (been 10+ years lol). he made the best deer sausage though.

Not too familiar with the one in Winder but if you hunt in Greene County and live in Lawrenceville you can try MR Butcher Shop just outside of Loganville in the big city of Between. It's 20 minutes from Lawrenceville/Grayson and probably not too far out of your way when you're heading back from Redlands. Good luck.

Not too familiar with the one in Winder but if you hunt in Greene County and live in Lawrenceville you can try MR Butcher Shop just outside of Loganville in the big city of Between. It's 20 minutes from Lawrenceville/Grayson and probably not too far out of your way when you're heading back from Redlands. Good luck.
I use those same guys. Never had an issue.

Took two on Sunday hunting the Redlands.

thanks bud! ill look them up.

Took two on Sunday hunting the Redlands.

jelly! my next off day is Tuesday, think im gonna hit it up then if this rain stops. hopefully see a buck walking around, but my luck all ill see is damn does haha!

I've been reading this thread and wondered how a processor is able to get that much meat out of a deer. I do my own and maybe I am really picky about what goes in my burger, but I typically get about 1/3 of my deers weight when I'm done. That being said I do not keep the rib meat or flanks due to the amount of membrane/silver skin o/in them due to the amount of time it would take to clean it up. I do keep the neck meat though. I have never thought of adding the liver or heart into the burger, but that would add some weight into the mix. Does a processor though all of that into the burger and how much of the fat, membrane, and silver skin is trimmed out before it's tossed in? Seems to me that it might make a difference in the taste and texture of the burger. Unsure thought because I've never taken a deer to a processor. Anyone have any insight on that?

And the bold is why I use a processor. All of the silver membrane is removed, and I simply do not have time to do it properly.

Back
Top Bottom